Thread: ZCP 7.1.8 beta 1 and ZWS alpha 2

Zarafa Testing

Cool ZCP 7.1.8 beta 1 and ZWS alpha 2

Dear Zarafa administrators, users, engineers and fans,

We are proud to announce the immediate availability of ZCP 7.1.8 beta 1. Next to this exciting release, we’ve also released an updated Zarafa client fixing the additional Microsoft Outlook 2013 compatibility. In this announcement, you can find more information regarding the newest releases.

Introducing Zarafa Web Services (ZWS)
    Alpha packages available in first beta release 7.1.8

We are very proud to announce the availability of the Zarafa Web Services alpha 2 release on our portal (available to European partners). In this alpha 2 we resolved a couple of dependency issues.

The 7.1.8 also brings the following changes:

- We resolved a zarafa-gateway segfault on POP3 access.
    - We received reports from users on the forums that there is currently a bug in the Lightning addon (in versions 2.0b1 and later) for Thunderbird which prevents you from accessing your calendar. For more details please refer to . This is in the lightning code and unfortunately other groupware also suffers from this change.

We will write a blog post where we update you on fixes in the upcoming beta’s. Stay tuned.

Updated Zarafa client
    Updated version of Zarafa client enables additional compatibility with Microsoft Outlook 2013

This maintenance release of the Zarafa Client is a preparation for the expected Microsoft Outlook update. Luckily, Microsoft did not yet pushed this update automatically. This updated Zarafa client restores your additional compatibility with MS Outlook upfront. We advise you to roll-out this client as soon as possible.

Download links
    Where and how to get your downloads

- Download sources for ZCP 7.1.8 and Zarafa Web Services Alpha 2

ZCP 7.1.8 is available in the partner portal and in the community hub. Get your copy at

The ZWS packages are released for all European partners. As usual, partners can login to the portal to download. You don’t have a portal login? Please send an email to .

- Zarafa client
    7.1.7 final:
    7.0.15 final:

We encourage you to use our forums for all your feedback on these releases:

Kind Regards,
    Zarafa QA
    Looking for users to test our releases, interested? send me a PM

Hello

I tried to install the zws alpha 2 but it always fails with the following error:

dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von zarafa-ws-7.1.8beta1-42841-debian-6.0-x86_64/zarafa-ws_7.1.8-42841_amd64.deb (--install):
    Versuch, »/usr/share/doc/zarafa/example-config/ws.cfg« zu überschreiben, welches auch in Paket zarafa-server 7.1.8-42841 ist
    Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
    zarafa-ws-7.1.8beta1-42841-debian-6.0-x86_64/zarafa-ws_7.1.8-42841_amd64.deb

i tried to remove the ws.cfg but the error is still the same.

can you please help me?

Debian 6.0 x64

Greetings
    Benjamin

Zarafa

Hi Benjamin,

for the moment you have to force the install of the zarafa-ws package because of this overlapping files (dpkg -i -- force-all) this is already fixed for the next alpha release.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

Hi Felix,
    thank you very much for your reply. It works!
    I installed the zarafa-ws and configured my macbook with the exchange server. Now I'm able to access my zarafa server but I can't see the existing mails in my INBOX. If a new mail arrives this mail is visible. The mails in the subfolders are visible too.
    With the contacts app it's the save behavior. New contacts are visible, existing not.
    Have you any hint for me?

Thanks a lot.
    Greetings
    Benjamin

Is ZWS planned to be available for all users eventually? Will there be any restrictions or caveats around accessing this?

I'm keen to try ZWS but I'm not a partner - so I'm curious to know if I'll be able to use it at some point in the near future.