Thread: Outlook profile - Change location of offline database file location

Outlook profile - Change location of offline database file location

I'm using Zarafa with outlook client in cashed mode on Windows 7 64bit OS. Offline cache is in this moment inside my roaming profile and this is causing very long time to log off due to sync of profile with server. I would like to change location where offline cash is located, and I found some instructions here on forum (reference to this wiki page: ) but registry key that should be modified in my case doesn’t exists (doesn’t contain subfolders with profiles). Can somebody help me where to change settings for offline cash location.

Zarafa

Hi bsopar,

I did a quick look into my Registry and couldn't find the key as well. Knowing what to look for (the name of my Outlook profile) I did manage to find the described keys at the following location:

HKEY_USERS\<my_subkey>\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

According to Wikipdia HKEY_CURRENT_USER should simply be a link to HKEY_USERS\<my_subkey> so it is a good question why its not inside HKEY_CURRENT_USER. I did not do any further tests, but I think this should solve the problem for you.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

Hi fbartels
    thank you for your reply it helped me but in my case it is also different location of registry key. I found it by searching for subfolder "13dbb0c8aa05101a9bb000aa002fc45a" - that is where it is needed to add new STRING value to point to new location for offline folders
    In my case I've found it:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\O utlook\Profiles\<my_outlook_profile_name>\

By adding String key "001e6700" with value path to new offline files location adn RESTARTING computer thing worked.