Thread: A simple owncloud app for integrating zarafa auth and webapp(link to source inside)

A simple owncloud app for integrating zarafa auth and webapp(link to source inside)

Hi,

i took myself a few hours (basically yesterday evening) to write a very basic zarafa integration for owncloud.
    This basically means:

* Authentication of users against zarafa
    * "Integrating" the Zarafa WebApp into the owncloud navigation

The current result of my work can be found here:

Please remember that this was more or less a "Quickshot" so if you see any potential for improvements don't hesitate to tell me or even open a pull request.
    I hope it's OK i posted this here.

As this requires zarafa and owncloud it wasn't exactly sure where to put this.
    Maybe some of you have use for this.

regards,

Reichi

PS: Any Feedback is appreciated, though i don't plan to put too much additional effort into this.
    PPS: There's a reason why this has been versioned as 0.1, don't expect too much!
    Last edited by reichi; 07-08-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Zarafa

Hi Reichi,

thanks for your effort. This seems to be a good alternative if one doesn't want to run OpenLDAP for user authentication (although I have not tested this). Can you also create a project in for this?
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

Hi Reichi,

Thanks for your effort. I'd love to use this but there is a bug when enabling the app in owncloud:
    Tested on new installations of 4.0.5, 4.0.8 and 4.5.1

I was able to pin down the problem to the apps path. I choosed 'apps/owncloud-app-zarafa' and it looks like owncloud or php doesn't like '-' in path. Renaming to 'zarafa' solved this problem.

But there is an other known bug [1] in 4.5.1 that will make owncloud stop working when enabling this app.

EDIT: It's not a bug from owncloud but new specs for the api. I modified the app to run with 4.5.1. But I've to say that I'm not very familiar with php. Please find attached diff.

Regards,
    Germar

[1]:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by S0M30N3; 04-11-2012 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Patch

Hi guys,

any chance on a version with the diff processed please? Would it be compatible with ownCloud 4.5.3?

TIA

I made a pull request on git for this. So it will be easier for Reichi to adapt this.

It does work with 4.5.3 for me.

Merged!
    Thank you S0M30N3!

Hi,

I installed the app in OC which sits in a webserver in the DMZ. The connection to Zarafa uses the address "https://zarafa-server:237/zarafa". So far so good. But unfortunately in OC the config lines for the zarafa server certificate and password are missing. Any attempt to login as a zarafa user must fail.
    Any hint?

Regards,
    Ralph

Not trying to hijack, but conversation on the topic of this plugin is sparse online.

I've got most everything working except when I click on the zarafa link, it auths but reloads the zarafa webapp login page. With zarafa logging all the way to 5, an OC -> webapp iframe auth looks absolutely no different than a standard successful webapp auth in its own window. I wonder if there's something going on with the php/session than an actual auth issue.

I modified user_zarafa.php to echo out some of the variables to see what was getting passed to webapp. As far as I can tell, the ldap, OC, and zarafa uids are all in sync. The user being passed is in the list of users.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Z

OC: 5.0.7
    Webapp: 7.0.8-35178

Works with Owncloud 7.0.2, Thanks a lot. I found the App in github. A kombination of zarafa and owncloud was my dream. With this app its a step closer to this.

greetinghs Daniel

---------- Post added ----------

Is autologin possible?