Thread: Change a cpp file, but it is not applied!

Change a cpp file, but it is not applied!

Dear users,
    I have installed zarafa-7 community edition from sources. Now, I change a cpp file (src/zarafa-7.0.7/provider/client/ECMsgStore.cpp), say I add a "cout << hello;" at CreateUser section. Then I run make clean;make;make install in that folder. I expect that when I run zarafa-admin to create a new user, I can see the "hello" message, but I do not.
    Is something wrong? what should I do to get the changes effective?
    Can anybody help me?

Zarafa

Hi rafigh82,

can you tell me what exactly you want to achive? You dont have to modify binaries to execute additonal tasks on user creation. When a user is created the scripts inside /etc/zarafa/userscripts/createuser.d are executed. This could be used to send for instance welcome mails.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

Hi fbartels
    Thank you for your help.
    What I exactly want is to add some additional information to user account when I'm creating it. For example, I want to get secondary email address (for recovery reasons) from user and insert it into database. In some cases, I want to retrieve this email address and send the new password to it.

Hi,

ostream is not used by zarafa-admin, sure you can add it but then it will likely only show at the daemon itself if you run it in the foreground.
    If you want to log something to server.log you can do something like:

m_lpLogger->Log(EC_LOGLEVEL_INFO, "I logged something !");

Post added 20-06-2012 at 11:57 AM:

Honestly, I would not put this into zarafa-admin. Instead you would want to do this within a php user interface or similar and add it to a mysql database.
    Before making a new thread, please make sure that you have searched on our forums and read the Zarafa documentation.

Zarafa

Hi rafigh82,

i would also recommend to save such data into an additional mysql table or maybe even ldap (which also would give you other interesting options for your usermanagement). Please be informed that we only support multi-tennency/hosted setups with our Zarafa Enterprise and Zarafa Hosting Editions. But especially for the Hosted Editon we have some very interesting offers which allow for a monthly payment of used mailboxes.

Please contact sales (at) zarafa.com for an according written offer,
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

I used m_lpLogger but I didn't see the effect of my changes.
    I think there is a misunderstanding in source compilation: suppose that I've changed ECMsgStore.cpp and now I want the changes to be applied in system. To the best of my knowledge, by using (make clean; make; make install) in the zarafa-7.0.7 folder, it will be done. But it seems that I forgot somethings.
    Maybe I should stop some services, or remove some binary files from PATH and uninstall something to allow the changes to be effective. Is it true?

For example I found some other targets in makefile (install-exec, install-data, ...). How can I apply all the changes in cpp files?

Hi, I decided to take your advice and create a php user interface for it. Now here is my question: to create zarafa users in php code, is it better to do it by executing zarafa-admin script (exec("/usr/bin/zarafa-admin -c USER ...")) or I have to do it be calling the function of server (in C++)?