Thread: compiling problem: undefined reference to `ical...'

compiling problem: undefined reference to `ical...'

Hello,

I try to compile zarafa for arm. But now I got the following errors. This is only a section because I can't see all on my screen.

/home/zarafa/zarafa-7.0.7/libicalmapi/.libs/libicalmapi.so.1: undefined reference to `icalcomponent_add_property'
    /home/zarafa/zarafa-7.0.7/libicalmapi/.libs/libicalmapi.so.1: undefined reference to `icaltimezone_free_builtin_timezones'
    /home/zarafa/zarafa-7.0.7/libicalmapi/.libs/libicalmapi.so.1: undefined reference to `icaltimezone_get_component'
    /home/zarafa/zarafa-7.0.7/libicalmapi/.libs/libicalmapi.so.1: undefined reference to `icalproperty_new_dtstamp'
    /home/zarafa/zarafa-7.0.7/libicalmapi/.libs/libicalmapi.so.1: undefined reference to `icalproperty_new_status'
    /home/zarafa/zarafa-7.0.7/libicalmapi/.libs/libicalmapi.so.1: undefined reference to `icalcomponent_get_next_property'
    /home/zarafa/zarafa-7.0.7/libicalmapi/.libs/libicalmapi.so.1: undefined reference to `icalproperty_get_tzid'
    /home/zarafa/zarafa-7.0.7/libicalmapi/.libs/libicalmapi.so.1: undefined reference to `icalproperty_new_version'
    /home/zarafa/zarafa-7.0.7/libicalmapi/.libs/libicalmapi.so.1: undefined reference to `icalproperty_new_contact'
    /home/zarafa/zarafa-7.0.7/libicalmapi/.libs/libicalmapi.so.1: undefined reference to `icalerror_clear_errno'
    /home/zarafa/zarafa-7.0.7/libicalmapi/.libs/libicalmapi.so.1: undefined reference to `icalproperty_set_uid'
    /home/zarafa/zarafa-7.0.7/libicalmapi/.libs/libicalmapi.so.1: undefined reference to `icalproperty_new_calscale'
    /home/zarafa/zarafa-7.0.7/libicalmapi/.libs/libicalmapi.so.1: undefined reference to `icalparameter_new_cn'
    /home/zarafa/zarafa-7.0.7/libicalmapi/.libs/libicalmapi.so.1: undefined reference to `icalproperty_add_parameter'
    /home/zarafa/zarafa-7.0.7/libicalmapi/.libs/libicalmapi.so.1: undefined reference to `icalproperty_get_first_parameter'
    /home/zarafa/zarafa-7.0.7/libicalmapi/.libs/libicalmapi.so.1: undefined reference to `icalproperty_get_transp'
    /home/zarafa/zarafa-7.0.7/libicalmapi/.libs/libicalmapi.so.1: undefined reference to `icalproperty_get_organizer'
    /home/zarafa/zarafa-7.0.7/libicalmapi/.libs/libicalmapi.so.1: undefined reference to `icalvalue_new_from_string'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: *** [zarafa-dagent] Fehler 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/zarafa/zarafa-7.0.7/spooler'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/zarafa/zarafa-7.0.7'
    make: *** [all] Fehler 2

How can i fix this?

Best regards
    Meike

It seems that you didn't install ical. You should downlaod ical source file, then run ./configure, make , make install. After that, you may get rid of this error. take a look at this link, it will have you an insight about install ical;

wget
    tar xvzf libical-0.44.tar.gz
    cd libical-0.44
    ./configure
    make; make install

Thanks for your fast help. I will try it.