Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: SabreDAV backend for Zarafa

SabreDAV backend for Zarafa

Hello,

I just release my very first version of a SabreDAV backend for Zarafa. SabreDAV is a fully functionnal DAV server. It can be used "as is" or to provide DAV functionnality to an existing project.

As Zarafa already provide CalDAV I wrote a backend for contacts. This backend is still experimental and there are some bugs inside but this is usable. The main functions are:

I have tested it with Zarafa 7.0.3 and emClient. Feedback on zarafa 6.40 or other clients more than welcome. Please I know this will not work with iPhone because it does not support (or I did not find how!) utf8 vcards.

Everyone is welcome to contribute to this open-source project (same licence as zarafa - AGPLv3).

You can find everything there:

Documentation is very... short so do not hesitate to ask me here or on google code!

PS: I will add this to zarafa's community page when I will find a few minutes
    Zarafa 7.2.4 - Ubuntu 14.04 - Z-Push 2.2.1

Re: SabreDAV backend for Zarafa

First release posted to community hub:

Very cool! Works really good!

Is it possible to import a big vcf (with multiple contacts)?
    A quick test showed me that only one contact per vcf works? But splitting isn't that hard ;-)

Greets,
    carlos22

Importing a big vcf would not be caldav compliant I think... well I am not quite sure about this as "DAV" magic is handled by SabreDAV and I just wrote a backend to link it with zarafa.

Spliting your file is a better solution, at least in the sort term.

Ok. I tried it, it works good, but I loose some of the telephone numbers in the vcf
    See iusse 1 at google-code:
    If i will find some time, i'll try to debu it. Maybe using sabredav with the dummy backend and try to import the same data.

SabreDav backend does not decode vcards... it stores them "as is" and serve them when needed so you never loose data!

I will check your issue on google code and thanks for testing!

I just uploaded a 0.3 release wich sould work fine (at least with given vcard :mrgreen: )

This looks very promising!

Tried installing this today, but ran into two problems:
    1. Because I use Centos 5, I need to use the php-51 branch of Sabre. Using php53 in Centos 5 really isn't that easy, because Zarafa is compiled against 5.1 for the Centos 5 distribution. I think a lot of people using Zarafa in a business environment will be using Centos/RedHat 5, so I think it's important to document this option.
    2. Using a browser and eMclient, I can see the contacts and their content. So that's great. Only one problem: I cannot change or add contacts in eMclient or upload vCards via the browser. On the webserver, I've set 777 permissions and gave ownership to apache:apache. Any suggestions? Is this maybe because the php-51 branch is v 1.5.3, or there are known problems with this branch?

I use zarafa 7.0.4.
    For the test, I use mod_rewrite, as described in your Wiki-Install page. The URL I use is . When I use /principals instead of /addressbooks (as you describe in you Wiki), It doesn't work at all.

Hello

I have not checked the required version of PHP either for my gateway or SabreDAV. For my own code I believe it sould work with PHP 5.1 but I will make sure of this point. For SabreDAV I will check on its website.

That being said the only directory apache needs to have write access to is the data directory which is used to store locks. Everything else is done though php-mapi extension. So you need to connect with a user who is granted write access to his contacts (which should be the common case as I do not give access to public folders through the gateway!)

emClient can give some details about success/failure of actions ([i] icon on the bottom left part of the client window). The browser function - which allow file upload - cannot work in a CardDav environment. This is only useful for vCard downloading and is a generic functionality of SabreDAV. If you want to try something manually, get a vCard and test with curl:

Also consider enabling debuging (see instructions on project homepage) as it logs php errors in the file.

Thanks for your quick response.
    So if I understand correctly: I do need to use '/addressbooks' in the url, instead of the '/principals' you mention on the project page. So that isn't the problem, then.

When I do a debug, I get the following errors when uploading:

So it look like there is something wrong with 'getCard(€ÀÓ·IÜ’ ![‘ðiZ÷îHL¿”OQ}' and/or with ZarafaBridge.
    In server.php on line 44, there is some corruption as well: echo "Erreur lors de la requête...

By the way: I'm using v0.3.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast