Thread: Tasks and Notes wo Windows Phone 7

Tasks and Notes wo Windows Phone 7

there is no built in App for syncing Tasks and Notes from a Exchange Server to Windows Phone 7. However, there are some Third Party Apps. At this time i have installed some Testversions on my phone, but no one can connect to the Zarafa Server. I have managed to sync my contacts and my calender without any problem. it works very well, but no way for me to sync tasks (and more important for me, the notes).

the server works for testing purposes at a local network at 192.168.178.23. i can use this for connecting the contacts and calender. if i type in this server address at the third party apps, ip address every time is completed with

i use the vmware appliance and havent changed anything (only installed the german language pack and genereated 3 users). Outlook 2010 can connect from the Desktop (without SSL enabled) and Windows Phone for contacts and calendar also.

are there any logfile where i can get further information, whats going wrong?

Hilden, close to Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany, Europe, Earth...

Re: Tasks and Notes wo Windows Phone 7

Since WInPhone 7 seems to be more inspirated by iOS there is no Task Sync in WinPhone 7 anymore. Syncing Notes is not possible either with any known Windows Mobile or Windows Phone. Only Sync Application that supports syncing notes currently available afaik is TouchDown for Android BUT you need some Z-Push Branch to get the note syncing at all. In case you would like to test AS 12.1 Branch please contact me by PM.

3rd Party apps for syncing partial ActiveSync content usually doesn't help. They usually connect by whatever protocol to Outlook to fetch the content in question from Desktop.

Best regards

Andreas
    Using Zarafa 7.2.5-29, Z-Push 2.3.4 with GZip and soon again SMS Support.

I have found a test version of "" in the marketplace, what could do the job, but there seems to be no way to connect to the Server. Eventualy, you can see some point in the App Description. i will try to write to the author to get more information. would be cool to have the notes at my phone.

i have a response from the author, very fast. he say, that he supports only Active Sync 12.2 or higher because of the Sync Mechanismus. i should look what for EWS or EAS version the server emulates. he has tested it with OpenXchange and there it works. or i should run Fiddler or HTTPWatch Trace to show whats going on.

ActiveSync 12.2 is not officially documented but since ActiveSync Protocol is being covered under the open protocols I'm quit sure it does not exist. Official announced protocols (even by Exchange Server) are AS 1.0,2.0,2.1,2.5,12.0,12.1,14.0 . Covered by official Z-Push is protocol version until 2.5.
    Since protocol 12.0 HTML Content is being supported on all devices. AS 14.0 brings Notes support. For protocols > 2.5 you currently may use Branches that support them. But these Branches are not supported by Zarafa/Manfred/Sebastian.

Best regards

Andreas

Hallo Andreas,

was muss ich tun um deinen AS Branch nutzen zu können? Bei dir gibt es das entsprechende tar Archiv das ist eine Datei enthalten. Wie muss ich weiter vorgehen? Kann ich beides paralell nutzen (Also mal das eine, mal das andere aktivieren)?

Edit: sorry, for the german post. here is a little translation: what must i do to use the AS Branch? i have downloaded a tar archive, but what must i do now? can i use both at the same time?

i have my answer via PM. thanks for that. i cant send PM's at this time, so this was only a try to get the info here.

--- for the others ... currently simply sending a PM in german/english Language to me using the forums PM function is sufficient ... This will change in near future since the files get more and more to a clean state that I would like to commit to SVN.

Forum itself is english so hopefully Robin will not be too upset by the last public german post here in this thread...