Thread: Zarafa-gateway does not copy To: line

Zarafa-gateway does not copy To: line

Current beta 7 / zarafa gateway. When you move a message from one folder to another via IMAP, the To: line gets lost and it goes to undisclosed-recipients;

With outlook, you can work around this by copying the message to a local PST then copying it to the destination folder. You can't work around it on an iPhone etc...

Zarafa QA

Re: Zarafa-gateway does not copy To: line

Hello Sbingner,

Can you tell me what client you use? I tested with thunderbird and iphone but no missing To fields.

Greetings,
    Robin
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://www.zarafa.com/content/documentation
    Zarafa Community webpage: http://community.zarafa.com

This was with both iPhone and Outlook... any idea how I would troubleshoot this if it's not a general issue in zarafa-gateway 7.0 beta?

Also - this didn't happen if I use the MAPI client plugin on outlook of course, and I have add_imap_data = yes if that matters...

I turned up logging past 5 - here is the relevant log section... with personal stuff "x"'d out

I set up a completely fresh server, copied a few messages onto it and duplicated this bug. It's definitely a problem.

I moved it on iphone, then I went into the webmail interface and it had all the To: fields blank on the moved message.

Again this is on Product version: 7,0,0,25734 (7beta3)

So I tracked it down to be related to whatever it does different between COPY and MOVE... but I don't know where to go after the point shown in the diff below. It seems that the bug is in zarafa-server rather than zarafa-gateway (or SOAP?) because I can change the value of uLFlags there to MESSAGE_MOVE and it makes the To: line be preserved. If I copy using MAPI directly (outlook) it works fine... I couldn't test a COPY from the web GUI because I couldn't find any option to DO it; all I could figure out how to do was move, which works fine anyway if you can make it use move VS copy...

If you can tell me where the response to this query is generated I can continue trying to track this down... I really would appreciate any help whatsoever.

Also - this is the only difference from the 'properties' table for two copies of a message... they both actually contain the To: if you look at options, it just removes it from both the webmail interface and the output of zarafa-gateway's IMAP client... I tried setting the storeID of tag=3611,type=11 to 0 like it was on the original message and that didn't seem to fix it either...

< is original/working message
    > is new/broken message

I found that it's something in CopyObject in provider/libserver/ZarafaCmd.cpp but I haven't been able to figure what it's doing wrong...

I'm really trying here... but this is a serious issue, I would have thought I would get a little assistance from somebody. Perhaps it would be best to just give it up and switch to Cyrus. I do like the webmail interface and the collaboration capabilities, but if nobody is interested in assisting with fixing this large of an issue with IMAP (well it's obvious in IMAP, but it's really an issue with anything using the SOAP interface) it's probably not a good idea. I can understand not wanting to help somebody without a Support Agreement with things that are not glaring bugs in the software but I really would have thought somebody would have found it beneficial to offer some assistance on something like this so that the product would behave.