Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Tasks, calendar updates and Discussions in OL 2010

[SOLVED] Tasks, calendar updates and Discussions in OL 2010

Yesterday I started using Zarafa 7.0 b3 + Outlook 2010. I found several problems with it and hope there is an answer for all of them:

1. When I reschedule a task, usually it moves to a new "header". So if I rightclick on a task in the taskbar on the right and give it the end date "tomorrow", the task moves to the header "tomorrow". In Zarafa this doesn't happen. When I open the complete list of tasks, I can see that the date has been changed.
    2. Same for Calendar-items: when i get an alert and I reschedule the item, the item used to disappear automatically. This doesn't happen with Zarafa. In the Calendar itself it shows up with the right date + time.
    3. I'm used to show the mail list in "Discussion"-mode. When connected to Zarafa, no mails are shown. When I disable this mode, all mails show up again.

Are there bugs of 7.0 b3, and should I be using 6.40, or are these problems in 6.40 as well?

Zarafa QA

Re: Tasks, calendar updates and Discussions in Outlook 2010

Hello Ebogaard,

I will check out point 1 and 2 . Point 3 is a know issue and is not yet supported by Zarafa.

Greetings,
    Robin
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://www.zarafa.com/content/documentation
    Zarafa Community webpage: http://community.zarafa.com

Hello Ebogaard,

I've tested both of your issues and none of them are reproducible.

Issue one: When I right-click on a task in the task bar and change the end date to e.g. 'tomorrow', the task moves to the correct header 'tomorrow'. This is the same for 'today', 'next week', and 'this week'.

Issue two: When the reminder pops up I rescheduled the appointment to several times. The reminder disappears when the appointment is rescheduled to the future.

Greetings,
    Martijn
    Regards,

Martyn

Then it might be some performance tuning. At the moment the server reacts quite slowly. Maybe there is some kind of timer in Outlook...
    I'll keep you informed.

And: it's good to hear that these aren't bugs in 7.0b3, so I don't need to install new software.

Thanks,
    Erwin

Had a look at the VM today, but can't find any reasons to suspect the performance of the server keeps Outlook (or the Zarafa Outlook client) from working correctly.

When I switch from mailfolder a to folder b, of go to the contacts, calendar or tasks, the performance in Outlook was really slow. On the server the resource usage stays under 5%. Usually, of all the running processes, "top" uses most resources.
    Further testing pointed out that Apache as a reverse proxy makes Outlook respond really slowly. When I make zarafa-server itself speak SSL and connected on port 237, the speed is good again.

Stille, the calendar and task updates won't work!
    For example, when I reschedule a contact when the alert is on the screen. I can open the item, edit it and see it move to another day, but the alert doesn't close.
    The same for tasks: when i reschedule a task, it stays where is was. In the Tasks-window I can see that the task is rescheduled okay, but the sidebar isn't updated. Only when I change the sorting (for example from "enddate" to "begindate") the tasks goes in the right group.

Also, when I use MS Exchange on the same client, with the same Outlook, performance is very good. So the client isn't the culprit either, so it seems.
    So I'm back to suspecting something in Zarafa of the Zarafa Outlook Client being the cause of the problems.

I use Outlook 2010 32-bit + Outlook client 7.0.25734, Zarafa-server is the same version. The user mailbox, all included, is about 300MB. It runs on Centos 5.5 32-bit + MySQL 5.0.77 + Postfix 2.5.1 + Amavisd/Spamassassin/ClamAV + openldap-2.3.43-12. All on the same server.

Hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks,
    Erwin

More results: If I add, for example, a new task in the Webinterface or in Outlook on another PC, the task is immediately updated.
    Still: the rescheduling doesn't work on either PC.

And another problem: when the Outlook connector is in Cache Modus, Outlook won't start. While loading the profile, Outlook 2010 gives an error about not being able to open the standard folders for e-mail.
    (I use the Dutch version, the complete error message is: "Kan uw standaardmappen voor e-mail niet openen. Kan het informatiearchief niet openen).
    I get the same error on Windows XP + Office 2003.

Zarafa QA

Hello Erwin,

I will look into these issues. I myself also work with outlook 2010 with no problems. I will be moving to 7 as well soon.
    For the not updating times it has been reported earlier here on the forum but not reproducible here on our test servers.
    I will look deeper into this.

For the cached profile problems this is a known issue that will be solved in the next release.

For the slow response is this only when you connect over the proxy?

Greetings,
    Robin

Hi Robin,

The slow response was only when I used Apache as a reverse proxy.
    When I connect directly op port 236 of securely on port 237, speed is good.
    I'm gonna try something else with Apache today, maybe that solves the performance as well. I'll keep you informed. => Tried using an alias, but with no success.

Any idea when the new beta with bugfixes will be out?

Zarafa QA

Hello Erwin,

For now the planning is in the begin of April.

Greetings,
    Robin

Hi Robin,

is there any news on the tasks and contacts that don't update as expected?
    Could you reproduce it, and, more important, fix it?

Erwin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast