Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zarafa on FritzBox

Zarafa on FritzBox

Hello,

i think about installing zarafa on my FritzBox Router. I've read that someone runs it on a SheevaPlug, so i think this should also be possible? Does anyone have experiences with it? Do you think the little ARM CPU would have enough power to handle 3 users?

edit: On my FritzBox Router runs a Debian Linux.

greets Romep

Re: Zarafa on FritzBox

Well, we would love to see you try!
    Keep us posted.
    Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://www.zarafa.com/content/documentation

I expected an answer like that :-( I will give it a try on my old 7170, but it will take at least several days, because i don't have much time at the moment and i have to install a new Debian on it. The 212Mhz CPU will be really slow running Zarafa, but i'm going to buy a new 7390 (with 500Mhz) if i can get it running, which should handle it a lot better (i hope).

I just installed an new debian on it (only etch is working on FritzBox). Problem: There is no libssh2-1 and no libcurl4-gnutls-dev in etch. :-? I saw there is a precompiled version for Debian 4.0, so how did you solved this problem?

Although I do not run Zarafa on a Fritzbox, I do have a comparable situation.

I have an Intel Atom machine that I use for testing and to run some stuff on at home.
    The virtual machine (VirtualBox) with Zarafa and Ubuntu 10.04 has a 1Ghz cpu core assigned to it.
    The machine itself only has 256 MB memory assigned to it.

The load gets very high when I do a heavy mysql update, but still manages to run quite well.

I think with the FritzBox results should be similar, and not impossible to do.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Dominique
    Before making a new thread, please make sure that you have searched on our forums and read the Zarafa documentation.

Did you download Zarafa for Debian 4? When does the error occur with libssh2-1 and libcurl4-gnutls-dev? During installation? Can you post the output?

There's no download for Debian4 for mipsel? I didn't even try to compile, because of the missing libraries.

You can download it here:

I wouldn't use it thought. It isn't supported anymore, meaning no more security updates. Can't you use Debian 6 for arm/mipsel?

As i wrote some posts before, the debian etch is running ....... but there is no zarafa download for mipsel.
    No lenny or squeeze on FritzBox. Otherwise i wouldn't have that problem.

Have you tried back porting the missing packages from Squeeze?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast