Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Access Contacts from Evolution via CardDAV

Re: Access Contacts from Evolution via CardDAV

Hi Timo,

bad news here: The Apple implementation of CardDAV seems to be a lot more tricky than the Evolution way of accessing the vcards. They seem to follow all the complicated details of the RFCs out there, and we have no reference 'Addressbook Server' to test with... It looks like this is not gonna work soon, and I don't have the time to dive deep into the full CardDAV specs with all it's extensions and pitfalls...

Sorry for that. I'll post if there is anything else we could do about it. If there's anybody out there with an OSX Addressbookserver willing to host us a test account, this might be worth a try.

Best
    Rainer

Just a quick update: Thunderbird can now sync with the SOGo connector. We still need to investigate a problem with the resync after initially copying all contacts. It also looks like this could now be made compatible with OSX Addressbook without much hassle...

If you need some feedback for Mac OS Addressbook compatibility feel free so contact me. I'm interested in testing the script and would like to give you some feedback.
    Certified Zarafa Advanced Engineer | Zarafa Gold Partner | http://www.linet-services.de

I would also like to offer my help with testing. I have Zarafa 6.40.4 on a CentOS 5.5 x86_64 box and my workstation is Fedora 14 x86_64 with currently Thunderbird 3.1.7 and Evolution 2.32.1. I noticed that community_carddav.php 1.5 needs HTTP_WebDav_Server and File_IMC from the php pear repository. Both are not available on Fedora. I have quickly made some RPMs available here so it's easier for others with CentOS or Fedora to help testing too:

Thank you very much for your contribution!

Regards,
    Patrick

Hello.

We are testing this extension with a newer evolution version (2.32.2) and are not able to receive the contacts from zarafa. Setting up the new addressbook is done as described and we get asked for the password. After that evolution tries to receive the addressbook summary and stay in the state forever.

It seems to loop somewhere as e-addressbook-factory is going up to 100% CPU during this.

A connection through the webbrowser shows the expected vcard files thought.

Anyone knows if evolution has some stricter wedav contacts handling in newer version which fails with this extension?

regards
    Stefan Schmidt

is there any news on this topic?

Perhaps you could host your development code on github to speed up the development process. Github offers a nice issue tracking system and a convenient way to browse the source code so it would be easier for others to contribute to this project.

Hi Mike

Would you be so kind to put it on GitHub? I don't have any time for development or anything else at the moment. The php file (see link in some earlier post) is the last version I created...

Rainer

Hi Rainer!

I just created a repository.

If you don't like the text on the bottom just send me a mail and I will fix it or you can send me your Github-Account and I will grant you commit access.

Thanks for your work on the CardDav interface.

Zarafa

If you like you can also create a project on our upcoming , the site will soon be released to public and allows your project be viewed by a larger number of potentially interested people.

If you have any questions just drop me an e-mail.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

Ah, now we also have a project page here:

Maybe we should put this information in one location only...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast