Thread: zarafa-license / community version

zarafa-license / community version

dear all,

I have installed Zarafa server ver 6,30,14,20002 from Fedora core 13 repository, I notices that zarafa-license does not get installed. is it possible to use the 3 free outlook licenses without having the license manager running if not is there a way to install zarafa-license without recompiling everything?

thanks

Ramzi

Hilden, close to Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany, Europe, Earth...

Re: zarafa-license / community version

no, you need the licensed for this.

What you can try is to find a binarly licensed from the packaged versions that matches your libs.

Best regards

Andreas
    Using Zarafa 7.1.0-36420 with my tuning patches, Z-Push AS12.1 Branch with GZip, SMS, SMime and HTML Support. Patches are available upon request and being announced on #IRC.

thank Andreas,

I found this link https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=605337 I guess the best way is to install the community version rather than using open source rpm's provided by fedora.

which tar will compile on fedora 13, the Redhat 4 or Redhat 5?

thanks

Ramzi

Hilden, close to Duesseldorf, NRW, Germany, Europe, Earth...

Why you simply don't take the binary RPMS/dpkg on a distribution supported for the community edition?

In case like Robert wrote the licensed has already abi problems with Fedora - the packages on page for sure too. Thats the main reason why Robert builds Zarafa from source for fedora project.

In case you need details - please try to contact forum user rsc .

Best regards

Andreas
    Using Zarafa 7.1.0-36420 with my tuning patches, Z-Push AS12.1 Branch with GZip, SMS, SMime and HTML Support. Patches are available upon request and being announced on #IRC.

it would be great if I can find a binary RPM. I did some search with no luck unless if I am looking for the wrong package name.

thanks for the help

ramzi

I have upgraded to version 6.40 which I have downloaded from rpmfind but still cannot find a compatible zarafa-licensed which works on fedora. any idea where to download a binary RPM.

thanks

Ramzi

There is no zarafa-licensed RPM package for Fedora and there won't be one, because it unfortunately doesn't technically work (as stated already in https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=605337). If you want or need a zarafa-licensed RPM package, you should switch from Fedora to Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS and use the Zarafa Community Edition - that means the official RPM packages from Zarafa provided on the website.
    Zarafa package maintainer at Fedora (read http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Zarafa for more information)

Quote Originally Posted by rscheck
    If you want or need a zarafa-licensed RPM package, you should switch from Fedora to Red Hat Enterprise Linux or CentOS and use the Zarafa Community Edition - that means the official RPM packages from Zarafa provided on the website.
    I am just starting out evaluating Zarafa and I built a CentOS server and installed the Fedora Zarafa RPMs from the EPEL repo. I thought the Fedora RPMs were the ones available and that Zarafa only supply Ubuntu packages as that's the only supported OS. I too have hit the problem of no zarafa-licensed.

If there are some official RHEL/CentOS RPMs available somewhere could you please point me to them as I can't find them.

Zarafa package maintainer at Fedora (read http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Zarafa for more information)

Quote Originally Posted by rscheck
    http://download.zarafa.com/community/final/
    Sorry, I hadn't realised that the tar files actually contain all the Zarafa RPMs. I had assumed that they were source files which had to be compiled etc. All good now (although the install.sh script fails on CentOS 6 and you have to manually install the RPMs yourself, but that wasn't too onerous).