Thread: LDAP Layout

LDAP Layout

Hi,

I'd just like to ask about the Hosting layout. At the moment we have an OpenLDAP directory layed out like this:

etc etc...

If I add another into the directory:
    So, if I want to turn on the hosting option, then I cannot get this to work. If I create another Sub container specifically for hosting other domains, then I can make it work. But then I need to move all of the users, groups, etc etc etc, out of the main branch into this sub level.

i.e.
    I've tried this on 6.30.x, and I think the problem is down to the filter I'm using for the base level search. It doesnt seem to work from the bottom level, but only from a sub-level. Could anyone lend a hand? Or at least tell me if what I am trying to accomplish is impossible?

Cheers,

Steve.
    Certified Zarafa Engineer since v4.20
    ---
    If the problem is solved, please mark the subject of the original post as [SOLVED] - it helps when searching! :-)
    Please remember to add what version you are currently using, along with appropriate logs.

Re: LDAP Layout

anyone?

is this in the right forum anymore?? :mrgreen:
    ---
    If the problem is solved, please mark the subject of the original post as [SOLVED] - it helps when searching! :-)
    Please remember to add what version you are currently using, along with appropriate logs.

Well I believe that LDAP always wants a base to start searching from, so I don't think it is going to work when there isn't a common parent for both trees.
    With the ldapsearch you can provide an empty base, but it will then give special information regarding the tree rather then the actual LDAP tree.

Hmmmm... :cry:

There MUST be some way of doing it.. I don't want to re-write my LDAP and all my source code. Thats gonna be a pain!
    ---