Thread: z-push with CentOS7 and rh-php56 (scl)

z-push with CentOS7 and rh-php56 (scl)

Hello z-push-team,

I set up a new CentOS7-box to serve z-push. As the distribution's default php-version 5.4 is outdated, I installed php 5.6 using software collections (https://www.softwarecollections.org/en/). This generally works, but when I try to set the IPC Provider to 'IpcMemcachedProvider' I get the following error:
    Code:
    [FATAL] [unknown] FatalMisconfigurationException: IpcMemcachedProvider failure: can not find class Memcached. Please make sure the php memcached extension is installed. - code: 0 - file: /usr/share/z-push/backend/ipcmemcached/ipcmemcachedprovider.php:64
    After checking my packages and configuration twice, I noticed that my php-installation has the extension memcache installed and z-push requires memcached
    Unfortunately, the only package I can find is "rh-php56-php-pecl-memcache-3.0.8-12". I tried to edit 'ipcmemcachedprovider.php' to work with memcache instead of memcached, but I'm not a php-programmer.
    Are you planing to build a version which uses memcache?

After using shared memory the system works. But when I tried to install 'z-push-kopano-gabsync' to sync the global address book I get the error:
    Code:
    Error: Package: z-push-kopano-gabsync-2.3.6+0-65.1.noarch (z-push)
               Requires: php-mapi
    rh-php56-mapi-7.2.4.29-99 is installed on my system. Which php-mapi version do I need? Is it possible to get this working with rh-php56-mapi?

My current setup:
    Mailserver running ZCP 7.1.13 on CentOS6 x64

Best regards,
    Achim

Hi Achim,

yes, memcache and memcached are two different implementations. There are no plans to support memcache (without the d) because it has not the same featureset.
    We build memcached for a few distributions, but apparently not for centos with php5.6. This is something we can look at. I created a ticket for that: https://jira.z-hub.io/browse/ZP-1210
    If you don't have hundreds of users shared-memory is more indicated by the way.

For the php-mapi thing: this is a bug.
    I created https://jira.z-hub.io/browse/ZP-1210 for it.
    It's an easy fix and will see if I get this merged to the pre-final repository still today.

Cheers,
    Sebastian

Hi Sebastian,

thanks for your fast reply!
    We have approx. 80 users, so I thought shared memory is best. But then I read something about distributed installations and that memcached has advantages in such installations. Can I use shared memory without nagative effects, if my z-push installation is on a different server than my zarafa installation?
    The fix for the php-mapi thing would be nice! And it would be awesome if you can fix it till monday!
    Thank you and best regards,
    Achim

No, you need memcache (and mysql states) if you cluster z-push over several servers, where users can connect to any node. When having permanent sticky sessions you wouldn't even need it (if you have not more than 100 or 150 users per server).
    It's distributed z-push.

I already fixed ZP-1210 but now it needs some code-review and merging. Should be possible.

Ticket ZP-1210 was just merged & rebuild in the develop branch. Could you test to install it from there and give me feedback?
    Instructions how to do this are here: https://wiki.z-hub.io/display/ZP/Installation
    There are only a handful of other changes to 2.3.6. Develop doesn't expose a considerable risk.

Btw, the z-push-kopano-gab2contacts package had the same issue on RHEL/CentOS/Fedora.

With your feedback we are going to merge this change into 2.3.7beta.

Cheers,
    Sebastian

Quote Originally Posted by afischer View Post
    Hi Sebastian,

thanks for your fast reply!
    We have approx. 80 users, so I thought shared memory is best. But then I read something about distributed installations and that memcached has advantages in such installations. Can I use shared memory without nagative effects, if my z-push installation is on a different server than my zarafa installation?
    The fix for the php-mapi thing would be nice! And it would be awesome if you can fix it till monday!
    Thank you and best regards,
    Achim
    Could you already test this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
    Could you already test this?
    Hello Sebastian,
    Thank you for the fix. I looked at the ticket on Monday last week, but it was still open. Unfortunately, the rest of the week I didn't find time for this.
    Now I installed the package from the develop repo. Installation works. Now I'm going to test. ;-)

Best regards,
    Achim

---------- Post added ----------

Hello Sebastian,

on executing ./gab-sync.php -a simulate

I get the following output:

Code:
    PHP Warning:  include_once(mapi/mapi.util.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/lib/kopano.php on line 28
    PHP Warning:  include_once(): Failed opening 'mapi/mapi.util.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/rh/rh-php56/root/usr/share/pear:/opt/rh/rh-php56/root/usr/share/php:/usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/') in /usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/lib/kopano.php on line 28
    PHP Warning:  include_once(mapi/mapidefs.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/lib/kopano.php on line 29
    PHP Warning:  include_once(): Failed opening 'mapi/mapidefs.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/rh/rh-php56/root/usr/share/pear:/opt/rh/rh-php56/root/usr/share/php:/usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/') in /usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/lib/kopano.php on line 29
    PHP Warning:  include_once(mapi/mapitags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/lib/kopano.php on line 30
    PHP Warning:  include_once(): Failed opening 'mapi/mapitags.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/rh/rh-php56/root/usr/share/pear:/opt/rh/rh-php56/root/usr/share/php:/usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/') in /usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/lib/kopano.php on line 30
    PHP Warning:  include_once(mapi/mapicode.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/lib/kopano.php on line 31
    PHP Warning:  include_once(): Failed opening 'mapi/mapicode.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/rh/rh-php56/root/usr/share/pear:/opt/rh/rh-php56/root/usr/share/php:/usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/') in /usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/lib/kopano.php on line 31
    PHP Warning:  include_once(mapi/mapiguid.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/lib/kopano.php on line 32
    PHP Warning:  include_once(): Failed opening 'mapi/mapiguid.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/rh/rh-php56/root/usr/share/pear:/opt/rh/rh-php56/root/usr/share/php:/usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/') in /usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/lib/kopano.php on line 32
    PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant PT_BINARY - assumed 'PT_BINARY' in /usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/lib/kopano.php on line 35
    PHP Warning:  mapi_prop_tag() expects parameter 1 to be long, string given in /usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/lib/kopano.php on line 35
    PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant PT_BOOLEAN - assumed 'PT_BOOLEAN' in /usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/lib/kopano.php on line 38
    PHP Warning:  mapi_prop_tag() expects parameter 1 to be long, string given in /usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/lib/kopano.php on line 38
    PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant NOERROR - assumed 'NOERROR' in /usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/lib/kopano.php on line 598
    PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant PR_ENTRYID - assumed 'PR_ENTRYID' in /usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/lib/kopano.php on line 599
    PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant PR_DEFAULT_STORE - assumed 'PR_DEFAULT_STORE' in /usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/lib/kopano.php on line 599
    PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant PR_MDB_PROVIDER - assumed 'PR_MDB_PROVIDER' in /usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/lib/kopano.php on line 599
    PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant PR_DEFAULT_STORE - assumed 'PR_DEFAULT_STORE' in /usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/lib/kopano.php on line 602
    PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant PR_DEFAULT_STORE - assumed 'PR_DEFAULT_STORE' in /usr/share/z-push/tools/gab-sync/lib/kopano.php on line 602
    Kopano->openMessageStore(): No store found for user 'Administrator': 0x00000000 - Aborting.
    Maybe some settings are wrong in the config.php?

Best regards,
    Achim

Hello Sebastian,

altering line 34 in gab_sync.php to
    Code:
    set_include_path(get_include_path() . PATH_SEPARATOR . BASE_PATH_CLI . PATH_SEPARATOR . '/usr/share/php/');
    like described in https://forums.zarafa.com/showthread...light=gab-sync
    worked for me.

Best regards,
    Achim

---------- Post added ----------

Another issue:
    I set
    Code:
    # PR_EC_AB_HIDDEN
    0x67A7000B      = zarafaHidden
    in /etc/zarafa/ldap.propmap.cfg on my mailserver. The gab-sync script says
    Code:
    Kopano->GetGAB(): Ignoring user 'dampf' as account is hidden
    but on the client the old "hidden" entries were still visible.
    I had to gab-sync.php -a delete-all and then do another gab-sync.php -a sync to get rid of the "hidden" entries.
    Now my contacts in the GAB-folder looks like "Surname; Givenname". Is there a possibility to change the ";" to a more common ","?
    And when I compose a new email and click on the "to"-field, the addressbook opens and there are entries for every user with its fax-number. How can I get rid of them?

Best regards,
    Achim

About the include path issue, I just wanted to ask which Kopano version you are using, then I saw that you said you are on ZCP 7.1.13 on CentOS6 x64.
    The path issue is to be expected with this version. This should not happen with KC 8.2 and newer.
    Your ZCP version is heavily outdated!! You should upgrade to a newer Kopano version urgently!

I am honestly surprised that this is working at all. KOE has been tested only with Kopano, hence the name.

About the hidden group issue:
    - did you see that there was a chunk edited/saved as the group was detected as hidden for the first time?
    - did the change get through to Outlook? You should wait a few seconds/minute. To be absolutely sure you can always hit the "resync GAB" button in the KOE settings dialog.

About the "Surname; Givenname" issue: could you check the Outlook options of Contacts? I am not sure if KOE is honouring these settings, but it may be worth try altering the configuration there. Then hit "resync GAB" in your KOE settings dialog.

The Fax numbers: this is not a bug, but it's an "Outlook feature" to generate addresses with fax numbers (for fax gateways). To me that's a 1990s feature, but it's still there.
    This was already discussed here: https://forums.zarafa.com/showthread...om-fax-numbers

I've created a feature request to have the fax number inclusion optional for KOE: https://jira.kopano.io/browse/KOE-112
    It's still undecided if/when this is going to be implemented.

Cheers,
    Sebastian