Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New folders created in outlook 2016, don't gets to the backend

New folders created in outlook 2016, don't gets to the backend

Hi

When using z-push to sync outlook 2016 to kopano server, the new foldes don't get to
    kopano server when it is created in outlook (can't see them in webapp)
    if I created the new folders in webapp it gets to outlook but not the other way
    from outlook to kopano server I use z-push 2.3.4
    is there a fix for this or is it not impossible

Claus
    Last edited by cbni; 09-03-2017 at 10:26 PM.

Hi Claus,

What kind of folder are you creating in Outlook? Is it an email folder? It's not possible to sync other types (e.g. calendar or contacts) of folders to the server if they are created using Outlook with ActiveSync. This is an Outlook limitation and we're looking in solving it.

Manfred
    Please do not PM me asking for support. Use the forum instead. Thank you.
    I usually check the mobility thread at the end of the day, so please have some patience if there's no immediate response. Asking to look at certain thread per PM won't result in a faster answer.

Hi Manfred

It is a folder for email and if I move some email over to the folder it is working in Outlook, if I close outlook and open again the email I moved are in the new folder
    but If I login to webapp the new folder is not in webapp to the kopano server and the moved email are still in the old folder in webapp
    it is outlook 2016 and I have the same problem in a zarafa server 7.2.4-29.
    It was this problem in zarafa there get my to try kopano, but it is the same problem here
    I think every one have this problem becuase I have try everything so I think it is a bug
    it is also the only problem I got and everything else is working good, but a big if the users make new folders in Outlook.
    If I make the folder in webaap there is no problem I can see the folder and move the mails in outlook
    and everything is ok
    I have found out that it is only when I make new folders in the root of the mailbox the folder doens't get to the backend
    if I make the folder in the inbox it is working, maybe this is also a limitation?
    with z-push and outlook

Claus
    Last edited by cbni; 12-03-2017 at 10:42 AM.

Hi,
    I am facing the same issue. I also tried Outlook 2016 and 2013 with Active Sync connection, but it has the same bug.
    I upgraded to kopano 8.4.0. kopano WebApp 3.3.0 on Debian 8.0
    Gerald

Zarafa

Hello Claus,

I just did a small test and an email folder located directly in the inbox did sync without problems back to the server. Could it be that Outlook is still busy synchronising, when you move the messages?
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

Hi Fbartls

If the new folder is in the inbox it is working also by me, it is when the new folder is in the root of the mail konto it is not working, you can see mgmomo having the same problem

Claus

Zarafa

Maybe you misunderstood me, because there are a lot of similar expressions for different things. I did create my testfolder on the same level as the "inbox" folder, the calendar, contacts, etc. Not below the inbox folder. For me it synced.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

Hi,
    I can confirm this issue in the root folder (parallel to inbox) and in the Inbox too. Tested with Outlook 2016 and Outlook 2013 - but German Language, the folder is named "Posteingang"

br
    Gerald

Zarafa

I think we need some more data. Can you create a wbxml after the time your Outlook did fully synchronise and including creating the folder?

See https://wiki.z-hub.io/display/ZP/Debugging for pointers on how to create the wbxml log.

Since we're speaking about Outlook a client side log may be helpful as well. I would say enable the log, create the folder, restart to disable the log. More info at https://kb.kopano.io/display/WIKI/Cr...ver+ActiveSync

Ideally the wbxml and the client side log should cover the same period of time.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Hi guys,

I was able to reproduce the issue and created a ticket for it: https://jira.z-hub.io/browse/ZP-1186. The fix should be available in 2.3.6beta1.

Manfred
    Please do not PM me asking for support. Use the forum instead. Thank you.
    I usually check the mobility thread at the end of the day, so please have some patience if there's no immediate response. Asking to look at certain thread per PM won't result in a faster answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast