Thread: Kopano + Zarafa Outlook Client => suddenly reminders for shared calendars

Kopano + Zarafa Outlook Client => suddenly reminders for shared calendars

I've been doing tests with Kopano to evaluate if there is a way to keep using Zarafa (now Kopano) even after the support for the Outlook client has ended.

Doing so I've noticed that when using Kopano 8.1 / 8.2 with the Zarafa Windows Outlook Client (7.2.4-52167), suddenly in Outlook 2010 calendar reminders (notifications) pop up for shared calendars (such as calendars in the public folder).

I'm 100% sure that this was not the normal behavior in Zarafa 7.1 and I'm reasonably sure this also was not the behavior with Zarafa 7.2.
    Is this a deliberate change? Can this be turned off somehow? It's kind of annoying.

For us this would be great in comparance to the current situation. If this is something Zarafa can influence then a switch for it would be nice...

I've looked everywhere and found no way to influence this.

Reminders created in the shared calendar which I have opened using the function to open other users stores appear on all computers which have this store opened and can then be dismissed by everyone. This was different a few versions ago... Would be nice if this is configurable...

Also happens if the user only has read permissions instead of full permissions to the shared calendar.

One additional problem: If the calendar entries in a read-only shared calendar have reminders set, the reminders will pop up in Outlook 2010 and cannot be dismissed because the user only has read permissions!
    They will NOT pop up in WebApp for the shared calendar. Only in Outlook. And there is no way the user with read permissions can ever get rid of them... This has to be done from a PC with read/write permissions for the calendar (which make them eventually go away for the user with read permissions as well).

I think the change to show reminders for shared calendars really is not thought through. Maybe it is an accidental change?

I've tested zarafaclient-7.2.6-52189.msi and it has not changed the behaviour.

Reminders for the shared calendars do not pop up in WebApp, but they do pop up in Outlook 2010.
    And they cannot be dismissed by someone who does not have the permission to change calendar entries.

Dear Zarafa Team, please make it configurable or disable the functionality not show these reminders from other ppl's calendars like it was previously. This is a major hassle that was not a problem previously