Thread: Upgraded to 2.2.1 and now it's broken

Upgraded to 2.2.1 and now it's broken

Hi all.

I upgraded from 1.6 to 2.2.1 and aside from not being able to logout (just goes to a blank page and I'm still logged in as navigating back doesn't prompt me for a password) all was well.

This was short lived. I then changed the theme from default to 'Dark' and it no longer works at all. I can login, but now the entire main page is blank.

I'm running Centos 6. I've read in places that this might not be supported. Could this be the reason why it's no longer working given that it was working fine before I changed the theme?

How would I debug this?

Zarafa

Hello Lamby,

Centos6 by default only brings php5.3, but recent WebApp releases need at least php 5.4. For Zarafa 7.2 and Kopano 8.x we have packages that make use of the RHEL/Centos Software Collections to use a more recent php version. As 7.1 is already and of life for some time (you mentioned in your other post you were using 7.1.14) there are no newer packages for this version.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

Hi there,

I debugged this myself yesterday.. zarafa was trying to:

PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method RecursiveDirectoryIterator::getExtension() in /usr/share/zarafa-webapp/server/includes/core/class.theming.php on line 108

The method getExtension was added to PHP v5.3.6 and I'm on 5.3.3.

I looked into the Software Collections but this is only available for x86_64 and I'm on i686. So a bit of a conundrum. I downgraded (yum remove webapp2.2, yum install webapp2.1) and all seems to work just fine.

Three questions:
    1) WebApp 2.2 has a dependency on PHP5.4 but what about ZCP 7.2 itself? That is, can I just upgrade to ZCP 7.2 and use WebApp 2.1?
    2) Is it OK to downgrade WebApp like I did? I was worried some database patch may have been applied or is it just solely file content?
    3) Is 7.1 to 7.2 upgrade process fairly straightforward?
    Last edited by lamby; 06-01-2017 at 10:52 AM.

Zarafa

Hi,

1) the server itself does not have a specific dependency, we only had to do some housekeeping on php versions for the webclients (webapp and z-push 2.3.x as well actually)
    2) yes, no problems can be expected from downgrading webapp. Only the server itself directly operates against the database. Worst case for WebApp could be that you have to reset your users settings because of incompatible data, but I don't think this happened yet.
    3) I would say so
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.