Thread: Migrating zarafa to outlook.com

Migrating zarafa to outlook.com

Dear All,

For years i've used Zarafa on my synology to manage the mailbox of my domain. Due to the end of support of zarafa on synology i wish to migrate to outlook.com. (i used it for years and like the speed, interface and the fact i don't host and update it anymore)

The free outlook.com account offers te ability to send as your domain mail address and to retrieve mail via IMAP.
    I have a domain where a website is running (so not on my NAS), the hosting of the domain comes with several email accounts.

I'm trying to fill in the settingson outlook.com to migrate to outlook.com, however i can't seem to set this right.

The situation:
    1. Zarafa 7.1.8 with Z-Push 6.3.26 running on Synology DSM 5.2
    2. One account set up
    3. Fetchmail enabled to fetch mail from domain mail server. (it doesn't leave a copy behind)
    4. Pop enabled and IMAP will be enabled today
    5. Synology app Mailserver used as SMTP relay (only lan)
    6. No SSL on my server
    7. SSL enabled on outgoing server

In short i followed these steps:

Now outlook.com want me to fill in the address information. i assume the incoming(POP/IMAP) mailserver is the domain of my synology NAS(because the whole mailbox is stored here) and the outgoing (SMTP) is the mailserver of my domain. when i fill this in i get an error "We were unable to reach your email provider. Please check your server settings, or try again later." Attached is a snapshot what can be filled in.

I can add a POP account if i use all the settings of my domain server, i can send and receive mail. However i doesn't find my archive(inbox) this is logical because this is stored on my NAS.

Hopefully someone can help me out/point me in the right direction.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zarafa

Hello gforse,

the screenshot you attached very much looks like the setup screen of a mail client, and not like a mail migration. So you'll setup a client to display mails from your current server and send them through your current server instead of migration mails from your old server.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

Hey fbartels, thanks for your quick reply.

thanks correct! however it has the ability to "Import into existing folders, such as inboc,sent items, and drafts, and create folders for others", short said it import the entire inbox to outlook.com (tried it with a gmail account)
    However i don't know if it copy's contacts and calendar events.

If this isn't the right way, what would to advise to migrate, mail, contact and calendar events to outlook.com? Is there a free account copier or sort of available?

Zarafa

Since this focuses in IMAP it probably only covers actual mails. From a "migrate as much as possible" angle I would recommend to connect Outlook to your account and create a pst file from there. But I cannot say what tools or formats outlook.com supports for import. Thats probably more a topic for their forum.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

It sounds a .pst file is the way to go. Besides using a outlook client is there a other possibility to make a .pst backup of a user?

Zarafa

If you have bought a subscription in the past, you should have access to our migration tool, which also creates pst files.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano