Thread: dagent with ldap: Failed to resolve recipient of incoming emails

dagent with ldap: Failed to resolve recipient of incoming emails

Hi,
    this is my first post in this forum. I'm quiet desperate, because I try to solve this problem for days already. I searched the forum and googled around, but I didn't find an answer to my problem. So I hope for some help here.

I try to install Zarafa 7.2.4.29 with ldap, because I need email aliases for different domains. I followed the admin manual and the wiki. I can send emails from different email addresses from webapp, but I cannot receive emails in Zarafa. Fetchmail gets the mails but then something goes wrong, because the recipient is not resolved but [email protected] is taken as recipient, which cannot be resolved. The automatic reply, that the email could not be delivered, bounces back because here also no valid email sender address is set. So I think, I should check what happens, when the incoming mails are passed to dagent, but I don't know how. And as you can see, vmail cannot write to /var/log/zarafa/dagent.log because of missing permissions, although permissions are -rw-r--rw-. Any ideas appreciated

rob

P.S. I'm running a Zarafa 7.1.14 on a virtual machine with yaffas, which works well. But the OS is outdated and I want to do a clean install now on another one. I'm not new to Linux but not too experienced.

/var/log/mail.log:

My fetchmailrc:

In ldap.cfg I don't have set any ldap_bind_user or ldap_bind_passwd

vmail is set as local_admin_users in server.cfg

My main.cf:

master.cf

ldap-users.cf

I imported the zarafa ldap indices into the ldap server.

Zarafa

Hello Robma,

if you are looking for something similarly easy then I can recommend you to take a look at Univention. They have a free "core" edition and you can easily install Kopano (which is the successor to Zarafa and generally recommended for new installations or bigger updates) from their app center.

As for your post I see multiple issues here:

1. fetchmail delivers to [email protected]

in your fetchmail configuration you did not specify where to deliver the mail. This can be achieved with a "is user01 here".

2. permission problem for zarafa-dagent and its logfile

here you are doing double work. for once you have setup lmtp delivery in main.cf, but you still deliver via master.cf via pipe to zarafa-dagent. I would recommend to drop the last thing and go for lmtp.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

Re: dagent with ldap: Failed to resolve recipient of incoming emails

Hello Felix,
    thank you for your reply. I'll test your recommendations later and will report.

I had already a look at Univention core and it seems appealing, but I'm not sure if it runs on a HP Microserver Gen8 with 4 GB RAM, it seems to have quite some hardware requirements. My Zarafa installation is not big, so I don't want to invest in hardware now. BTW what is the difference between Zarafa and Kopano that makes Kopano more recommendable for new installations?

Best regards
    Robert

Zarafa

No, I don't think that the 4gb of ram will be an issue.

The Zarafa packages will only receive limited updates and new features will only be implemented in Kopano.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

Ok, yesterday I had some time to fiddle around with the configuration. Now it works, I can send and receive emails. The main point was to change the fetchmail user and the ownership of /var/run/fetchmail, which Felix pointed to in his post, thank you. I also changed the pipe command in master.cf to lmtp. The LDAP part did not cause problems. Writing to zarafa-dagent's logfile also works.

Following the relevant parts of my config files for anyone who is interested:

/etc/init.d/fetchmail
    Changing the owner of directory

/etc/fetchmailrc

/etc/postfix/main.cf
    /etc/postfix/master.cf