Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Import pst files to Kopano

Zarafa

You should use a python-kopano from the same release (or at least I would use one that is newer than 8.1). You could do that on the same machine if you like, but thats not really one fits all.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

Well, I am with you as I also tend to find always the best solution that fits all...

In this case, following "better done then perfect" I just tried my luck and installed the two deb files for python-kopano and kopano_migration_pst from the current "core-8.3.0~334_50.1-Univention_4.0-amd64.tar.gz".

The process started well at first, once in a while during the import of a rather large pst file (2GB) for some messages either on of these two errors appeared:

In total the import reported finally:

Browsing through Kopano WebApp afterwards:

1. All imported items are not filed into the according Kopano folder but imported into a subdirectory.
    e.g. all imported mail is stored under a folder called "Top of personal Files"; Regarding the calendar, a new calendar is created instead of importing the information into the default.
    2. Checking the amount of mails in each folder it matches so far with the original, but: Sent Items is completely empty and from more than 8000 deleted items only 129 got imported.

So the question is, did the process finish or why did the migration stop ?

Zarafa

Hi,

can you retry and send a log of the complete output to feedback at kopano dot com?
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

No problem. retried with the same result after deleting the test users' store and attaching a fresh one.
    I sent the log file to the feedback address stated before.

Zarafa Development

thanks for the log!

I think it uncovers a silly problem in the migration tool, where it can stop processing further items for a folder, if it is unable to process certain items. I just created this issue for it, and will make sure that the problem is fixed before the final:

as for the other issues, would it be possible perhaps to share the PST file with us in private, so we can have a good look at them..?

Zarafa Development

alternatively, whatever error you could reproduce with a minimized PST file would also be greatly appreciated.

mark.

Zarafa Development

this one might fix the 'invalid type' errors:

I also created this issue, to hopefully fix the 'year out of range' errors you encountered:

Zarafa Development

I also created this one for the 'PTypServerId' errors:

Hello Mark,

I am glad that my log file was helpfull to uncover some bugs in the import tool. The pst file in paritcular I cannot share as it contains some confidential information. However, I am happy to try any beta version of the import tool in order to verify that the bugs have been successfully fixed.
    Did you also address the issue regarding the import of all data below the "Top of personal Files" folder instead of directly dropping them into the root folder ?

Ludwig

Zarafa Development

thanks! we will probably ask you later if the issues have been fixed for you..

we will also discuss the 'Top of personal Files' issue internally.

mark.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast