Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Import pst files to Kopano

Import pst files to Kopano

Hello there,

I recently set up the current version of Kopano Core 8.1.0.335-2.1 on a UCS Community basis. However, now I came across the question how to migrate my existing mailbox from MS Exchange 2013 to Kopano.
    Reading the migration manual of zarafa I fell across the "Zarafa Migration Tool" which seems to be available for paying customers only.

Therefore I exported the mailbox from MS Exchange using "New-MailboxExportRequest" by hand, connected to Kopano via Outlook 2013 using Active-Sync and tried to import the pst. However the process failed with Outlook telling me that the mailbox (Kopano) does not support that operation.

So.... What ways are there for the community edition of Kopano to import from a pst file ?

Cheers,
    Ludwig

Zarafa Testing
    Hi,
    with the introduction of KC-8.2.0, we have also introduced a server side tool, which allows you to import PST's ->

Let me know what your experience is, we are happy to help.
    -Suyi
    Looking for users to test our releases, interested? send me a PM

Hi Suyi,

that are great news. :-)

I tried to use the recent version 8.2.0.463 following basically this guide . After the update kopano core seems to start up fine, however trying to login via Webapp gives me an error message "no connection to kopano core".
    Glancing at the kopano log files I could not find any reported issue...

Any idea ?

Zarafa

Hello Ludwig,

the Kopano4UCS integration package has a dependency in a certain dot version (8.1 at the moment of writing this), since new dot version could/will require configuration changes. Therefore you probably removed the integration package while installing these.

For the moment I would not recommend installing 8.2 on Univention, rather wait until there has been an official update.
    Last edited by fbartels; 07-12-2016 at 06:59 AM.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

Hi,

thank you for the information. I guessed something like that.
    You cannot tell by any chance when the first Kopano 8.2 version for univention will be available ? I am now somehow stuck in the middle of a migration that was planed to be finished by the end of the year.

Cheers,
    Ludwig

Zarafa

That really depends on when 8.2 is getting final, which could still take a while. As the import tool uses python-kopano and a gsoap connection, it should be possible to put these components in a docker container and use this container together with the 8.1 univention app.

The idea is intriguing to me as well, but I don't know when I will have time for that.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

Ok. I will stay tuned and hope to hear soon good news about the availability of the python-kopano on UCS.

Any news on the docker container project for the import tool ? Could be a project for these days at the end of the year when business calms down :-)

Zarafa

You're more than welcome to pick up the project ;-)
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

mmmm...
    In what way is it necessary to use a docker container after all ?
    Would it be not just easier to deploy the python script "kopano-migration-pst" directly via a deb file ? Are there any further dependencies ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast