Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: z-push 2.3.3 (ZCP 7.2.3) / Problem with z-pushh and moving outlook folders

z-push 2.3.3 (ZCP 7.2.3) / Problem with z-push and moving outlook folders

Hi,
    I have a complex folder structure within my own Inbox (total 6 GB of emails). In general the behaviour of z-push 2.3.3 (and prior) and Outlook works very well.

But I have some issues with moving folders. If I move folders from one sub-folder in my Inbox to another sub-folder in my Inbox (with Outlook) it might happen that the folder moves with Outlook 2016, but in the backend it remains. In the end I am out of sync.

Outlook says during the move: “connected – last sync of this folder was at xx:yy” or even worse “Disconnected – last sync of this folder was at xx:yy”.

After the move operation is finished (at least I guess so), Outlook shows that all folders are in sync – connected state again.

I have a lot of folders which are smaller (< 1 MB) – in general no issue. But it seems to start with bigger folders… I am not sure what the reason is. I am not sure if the problem is related to the folder size… And I can’t find any errors in the log files…
    I have seen issues with moving mails before as well ... (getting out of sync) but folders are a much bigger problem.
    Regards
    zarafatk
    Last edited by fbartels; 22-11-2016 at 06:55 AM. Reason: cross posting

Zarafa

Hi zarafatk,

regarding the "folder will not be moved in the backend" I think a wbxml of this situation could be interesting.

When searching the internet for "outlook disconnected last sync activesync" some interesting results turn up, for example https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2781579

Is this "disconnected" only in the current session? or will it stay over restart of outlook/the workstation? Is the "disconnected" message for the whole account, or only this specific folder? What happens if you manually trigger a sync in Outlook? I'll guess triggering a resync through z-push-admin will restore the former folder structure?
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

I have created a wbxml now.

The problem is not related to the microsoft issue - I am not on outlook.com etc.

Disconnected state occurs for a couple of seconds only. And for the account where I move a folder. If I go to a different zarafa-account (same outlook), this is in sync. If I go back to the disconnected account, it is still disconnected. But as I said, after a couple of seconds it is connected again.

This problem occurs only, when I move larger folders (or at least it is more obvious). Who can try to move a folder with a size of 40 MB (for example).

Yes, the resync will restore the former folder structure.... But I don't like to do that very often. Its takes a while
    Regards
    zarafatk

Zarafa

yes, but outlook.com also uses activesync thats why it could still be related.

Do you mean to say that the "disconnected" message will disappear after some time, but the change then still has not been applied to the server?
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

OK. I try to explain it in another way. Maybe I wasn't precise enough.

What happens:

1. Outlook says:
    "All folders are synced -Connected" (or in German: "Alle Ordner sind auf dem neuesten Stand - Verbunden")
    2. I go into my in one of my folders
    Example: [Folder A]->[subFolder AB]->[subsubFolder ABC]
    [Folder A]->[subFolder AC]
    3. I want to move "subsubFolder ABC" to "subFolder AC"
    4. If I do so Outlook shows:
    "Connected – last sync of this folder was at xx:yy”
    or even worse
    “Disconnected – last sync of this folder was at xx:yy - Disconnected"
    5. After 5 - 10 seconds (or even longer - depending on folder size) it says: "All folders are synced - Connected"
    6. If I check with webapp the move of the folder never happend, but within Outlook the folder was moved
    7. This doesn't happen always, but most likely with larger folders.

I hope this helps to understand my current issue...

Zarafa

Ok, so it says that he is again connected, but failed to replicate the move back to the server.

I did a small test here meanwhile.

- I duplicated a folder through WebApp with ~1700 elements and a total size of 42mb (Jira notification just keep piling up).
    - After the new folder was synced to Outlook I renamed it. Rename was synced to the server.
    - I then moved the folder to a different place in the inbox. Outlook asked me if I want to move the folder, I said yes. He had a small moment where he said "waiting for changes from the server". I then checked WebApp -> folder was moved

I repeated the last step a few time, but did not run into the issue you have described.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Any ideas how to debug this?
    Last edited by zarafatk; 22-11-2016 at 05:50 PM.

Zarafa

Actually you should have a log message similar to the following in the wbxml logging of your user:

Code:
    22/11/2016 17:42:04 [24852] [DEBUG] [fbartels] [79412046ef6941f880726453c3a39495] ImportChangesICS->ImportFolderChange(): Moved folder 'Testordner' with id: U93a39/97b7db77f54d4666ab345a2b8b13f26b96f104000000 from: 97b7db77f54d4666ab345a2b8b13f26be30804000000 to: U52dcb/97b7db77f54d4666ab345a2b8b13f26b3d0b00000000
    Do you see something similar? What comes after that in your log?
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Quote Originally Posted by fbartels View Post
    Actually you should have a log message similar to the following in the wbxml logging of your user:

Code:
    22/11/2016 17:42:04 [24852] [DEBUG] [fbartels] [79412046ef6941f880726453c3a39495] ImportChangesICS->ImportFolderChange(): Moved folder 'Testordner' with id: U93a39/97b7db77f54d4666ab345a2b8b13f26b96f104000000 from: 97b7db77f54d4666ab345a2b8b13f26be30804000000 to: U52dcb/97b7db77f54d4666ab345a2b8b13f26b3d0b00000000
    Do you see something similar? What comes after that in your log?
    I have done a full resync for Outlook now to start from scratch. What I currently see is, that the behaviour is as expected. I guess at some stage something went wrong. I will update this thread when it occurs the next time. Hopefully with more details.

Zarafa

Could it be that you did not do a full resync after upgrading to Z-Push 2.3? This would then be consistent with your experiences.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast