Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: "untitled attachment" when using Outlook 2016 as active sync client

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    105
    Hi Sebastian,

    I did a complete rebuild of my system (not a big thin an gentoo, as all packeges a build from source).
    And now, it seems to be fine. I have still no idea, what produced the error - but as all packages were built again, I haven't receceived no "untiteled attachment" anymore.
    I sent me the äöü attacment and could receive it with the correct name.

    So, indeed - it nver was a zarafa/kompano error, but some other wrong built packe - thank s for the hint!

    By the way:
    It seems, that vmime/icu/whatever problem messed up my data a little bit.
    When resyncing, some older mails create the following warnings in the z-push.log:

    Code:
    13/01/2017 18:32:30 [21975] [WARN] [user_xxx] SyncObject->Check(): object from type SyncMail: parameter 'from' contains an invalid email address '"John Doe" <>'. Address is removed.
    Is there a way to bring back that missing mail adresses?
    Or should I just ignore that message?

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Aka SebastianBrasil
    Posts
    1,418
    Great to hear that it works now!

    About the emails: seems like the SMTP address can not be determined.
    Is this email from a local user that doesn't exist anymore? That could explain it.

    Cheers,
    Sebastian

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    105
    Hi Sebastian,

    seems to be two issues:
    - one user doesn't exosut anymore on the server. So that seems to explain it.
    - other users exits, but they have umlauts in their "last name" (not in the email adress itself)
    I think, I messed up my database with the now solved "umlaut problem" in a way, that the name cannot be recognized correctly.
    New mails from these senders do not produce this warning.
    But the umlaut thing is also just solved for new mail with attachments. Attachments of older mails are still renamend to "untitled attachment" in outlook.

    Is there a possibility to rewrite those entries?

    Greetings
    Vogi

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    105
    Hmmm... I am still getting "untitled attachments"

    This time, the relevant part of the raw log looks like this:
    Code:
    ------=_NextPart_000_0052_01D28074.9B1741C0
    Content-Type: application/pdf;
    	name="=?UTF-8?Q?Gutachten_Fischer+M=C3=A4ngelanzeige_?=
    	=?UTF-8?Q?KB.pdf?="
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
    Content-Disposition: attachment;
    	filename="=?UTF-8?Q?Gutachten_Fischer+M=C3=A4ngelanzeige_?=
    	=?UTF-8?Q?KB.pdf?="
    WebApp shows the correct attachment name, which should be: :
    Gutachten Fischer+Mängelanzeige KB.pdf

    Any ideas?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-01-2015, 05:08 PM
  2. Difference between "Outlook support" and "ActiveSync compatibility Z-Push"
    By AndrejDelany in forum Administration and Integration
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 10:49 AM
  3. Parameters for unattended installation of "Zarafa Outlook client"
    By JMJS in forum Installation, Configuration and Maintenance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-03-2013, 11:10 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21-02-2013, 08:18 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 01:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •