Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kopano migration manual feedback

Zarafa

Thats a strategic decision. Marking a version as beta or final takes time and resources, therefore only those who financially contribute (buying subscriptions) have access to them.

As for Zarafa vs. Kopano taking stuff away is always harder than not providing it in the first place, thats why for Zarafa you still find these downloads, but not for Kopano.
    Last edited by fbartels; 16-09-2016 at 12:34 PM.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

And how do I get now without a account the final version from Kopano Core and Webapp?

Greetings, joker.

Zarafa

Only customers with an active subscription will have access to these.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

felix, I am sorry, but all this gets more an more confusing!
    I still haven't completely figured out how I should migrate my zarafa 7.1.14 installation with z-admin / yaffas to a recent zarafa installation, if I maybe even switch to kopano and now you're telling us there is no community version anymore?
    my installation isn't for a company or anything, only for my family and me (atm six persons [my daughter isn't old enough for an own email account ]), if I take a look at I have to enter a company (ain't got one) and there is a preset for 50 users...
    Is here any use-case for installations like mine? or shall I swing by at your office with Mate-sixpack, to get a special offer?

Greetings
    1of16

Zarafa

Please point out where I said that there is no version for community users anymore.

If you decide to buy a subscription to get access to tested builds (and for example the Kopano OL Extension) then you dont necessarily need to be a "company". The "request an offer" form is more meant for companies requesting special prices for your six users you won't be far off from the prices you see on your linked page ;-)

If you still dont feel comfortable with the form, then you can also drop an email to sales at kopano dot com.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

sorry....RL caught me

you didn't say that "directly", but there is no community version anymore. atm I am able to download kopano core 8.2, but as far as I know konpano 8.1 is the last stable. so the "so called" community version is a beta and shouldn't be used for productive environments. at least other companies call there non-stable testing-versions "beta".
    additional I cant use the "webapp in a window" (you call it DeskApp) and the webapp-addons files, mdm and smime anymore....

I am still able to use z-push repositories (but for how long?), but since there is no zarafa/konpano repository the dependencies are broken....great

the most frustrating thing is, that I already got the necessary docker-container running ...but without the repositories I can stop my work and can't migrate....
    so I guess I just upgrade to the lastest zarafa version and figure out what to do next. since I guess there won't be a long term support for zarafa and there are no decent alternatives (M$ Exchange is none for me) I guess I have to pay for your licences.
    and to be fair: it is a smart move to make more money, since you're the only company providing such software.

Greetings from a depressed
    1of16

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12