Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kopano + mapi client and/or Zarafa plus Kopano Outlook Extension

Well, I am talking about commercial plugins like inloox that will probably never have a WebApp equivalent. And the company spent a lot of money for this plugin and similar Outlook-based solutions and will stick to outlook as its central information hub for the employee as long as possible. Again, without a ETA fot the missing features I expect that many current customers will need to start looking for alternatives soon, which means once they have decided they will migrate even if you come up with a solution late 2016 or early 2017.

This does not sound very encouraging. You should consider prolonging MAPI support until you have an equivalent replacement. Otherwise you will lose large portions of the Outlook-based customer base. A shared calendar is a killer feature in most companies.

Zarafa

But shared calendars already work with 1.1...

We are not able to extend support for the mapi connector (even if we would want to), but ending support does not necessarily mean it will immediately stop working. If your mindest only allows Outlook, then i'm not stopping you looking elsewhere ;-) For our own product vision we simply need to let go of Outlook since it does not allow the same development possibilities for us than webapp and deskapp.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

It' s not me. I am not using Outlook at all. It is my - and your - customer.

Zarafa

In that case I am not stopping our customer. Losses were expected from that start, but I am sure this only changes perspectives and our customer landscape for the better.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

Well, if the only needed feature missing is the send-as thing, perhaps there could be some form of workaround for this. If shared calendars work - we have 90% of the reqs met and I daresay migrating to X, X being not native Exchange, we will always have some smaller problems. I am curious to see whether the new solution performs well in a 50 user environment; we will start to check this out as soon as that version is out. I am not acutally looking forward to migrating 50 users to another mail system ....

I installed Kopano 8.2.0 and now tried connecting with Outlook 2010 and zarafaclient-7.2.4-52167.msi (which is the latest).

Outlook 2010 just show strange errors like:
    "connection to exchange is not available"
    "calendar could not be read"
    (roughly translated from German)

And then usually crashes. It did however not crash always, and at that time it correctly showed that there are two unread mails in the inbox. Sometimes the sent or trash appears but the content can never be shown (unread count is shown, correctly).
    So it is actually connecting to Kopano 8.2.0, it is just is not working.

Not according to what I just experienced :-(
    Last edited by anybody; 26-10-2016 at 10:08 AM.

UPDATE: Outlook does indeed work with Kopano. But not with Build 8.2.0.277 which I had installed on the day I posted the above.

Kopano versions tried by me on Ubuntu 16.04:
    8.1.0.335-2.1: Apache crashes making both Z-Push and WebApp unusable. Have not tried Outlook.
    8.2.0.277-89.1: Apache crashes gone, WebApp and Z-Push work. Outlook does not work - see above.
    8.2.0.301-112.1: Outlook now works! But WebApp doesn't login any more. UPDATE: WebApp, which I run on a separate Ubuntu 14.04 machine (because of Z-Push and the PHP7 problem) seems to need the exact same dependency version installed to work... So it looks like it's working too now...

Kopano 8.1 seems promising, but more like a Beta for now
    Last edited by anybody; 31-10-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12