Thread: Zarafa Session questions

Zarafa Session questions

My first question is:
    1. What are the header columns when I run the command -> zarafa-stats --session ??
    2. Is there a way to kill an old session?

Let me explain - Recently we had our server effectively shutdown by a rouge IMAP client. What exactly caused the problem is unclear and we are still investigating, but how we found the problem was by running the command "zarafa-stats --top" which showed the problem use had 20-something sessions open and each had very high TIME and CPUTIME. Worse, stopping the zarafa-gateway service did not remove the session, only a restart of the zarafa-server.

So I would really like the be able to cherry-pick which sessions I want to kill, and I belive that if it is possible the answer is in the zarafa-stats --session output...

Thanks
    Bob

Update:
    I never figured out what exactly cause the problem above... I ended up uninstalling/cleaning up/re-installing the IMPA client (Thunderbird) and this fixed the problem... However...

The issue just happened again with a little twist. This time the WebApp Web server/service became VERY slow, but everything else was fine. Upon investigation I found that the SAME user was responsible for the problem. I could see a session with his name at the top of the zarafa-stats --top screen. I changed his account to a Shared Store (killing his ability to login) and once the session died, everything went back to normal - immediately!

Since the post above, we have thrown tons of resources (Memory and CPU) at the system and it barely ticks over 5% utilization anymore, so it is not a resource problem. It appears to be that certain threads just kill the server?!?!

Has anyone else ever seen anything like this??