Thread: Where to download Migration Tool?

Where to download Migration Tool?

Now that the Zarafa portal (https://portal.zarafa.com) doesn't appear to be accepting new registrations, does anyone know where can I obtain the Zarafa Migration Tool?

Thanks,
    Andy

Zarafa

Hello Andy,

while we are still busy with our new migration tools (which will then be available from portal.kopano.com) partners can still request the old migration tool from our support.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

So there's no way for us non-partners to upggrade our Zarafa installations at the moment?

When will the new migration tool be available? Will it function only as a migration tool to the Kopano SaaS service, or will it be usable to migrate data to a new own-hosted Zarafa instance?

Zarafa

Hello Andy,

first of all: Kopano is no SaaS offering, but "just" a fork of all the OSS parts of Zarafa with an adjusted release model.

The migration tool (neither new nor old) should not be an integral part of a simple upgrade. Most of all since pst files only cover the content of your inbox, but don't take metadata such as rules and inbox acls into account.

What exactly are you trying to achieve? I'm sure there is another way to it.

EDIT: not to mention that the migration tool was never part of the community edition, so technically speaking you currently do not have less functionality, than you should have.
    Last edited by fbartels; 03-06-2016 at 07:02 AM.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

Oh, my bad - the website made it look very SaaSy, and everything else these days seems to be going that way! Good to hear we still have an option of keeping our data on our own servers.

My current Zarafa instance is a few years old, running 7.0.7, and would like to get it (and the version of mysql running on the box) a little more up-to-date. I have a new install running in parallel, so just need to shift the data across. The docs I've seen suggest the migration tool is the best way to achieve this. What alternatives would you suggest?

Thanks!
    Andy

Zarafa

Hi, if you are doing a complete transplantant, then the by far easiest way should be to copy over the database (dump and restore) and rsync the /var/lib/zarafa/ dir.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano