Thread: Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (111)

Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (111)

The service zarafa-server no start the message on the server.log is Unable to connect to database: Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (111); the port 3306 is listen. Please help me.
    Thanks

Hi,

errno 111 probably indicates ECONNREFUSED. In other words, there is a network issue. I suspect that mysql may not be listening on the proper interface (maybe only on your external address? or on a UNIX socket only?).

Check that MySQL is running (ps aux | grep mysql), that you have an adequate bind-address statement (my.cnf and netstat -lnp | grep mysql) and try connecting using the mysql CLI tool (mysql -h 127.0.0.1).

If unsure, post the relevant outputs of above mentioned commands.

Kind regards,

Christian

dos servers.jpg
    Thanks for your answer, We have a two servers one operative and the old mal function, the config files is the same. The old server function for two years ago, this week after reset, the zarafa server not start up, with message error send in the previous message. To next send this a response the command ps aux | grep mysql, the rare is the socket en el server old no is possible see. The port used for mysql is 3308.
    mysql.JPG
    We need to see the messages and the contacts of old server.
    Thanks four help ours.

Zarafa

Did you mean to write 3306? if not, did you change mysql_port in server.cfg?
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

Yes this change is write in server.cfg.

So, based on your screenshots and further information, you are running ClearOS with MySQLd on port 3308, correct?

Can you confirm, that server.cfg contains mysql_port = 3308 (eight, not six)?

If you changed that, did you restart zarafa-server again and have verified that the error is still the same?

Does mysql -h 127.0.0.1 -P 3308 work?

Maybe you could also clarify again which servers there are and which Zarafa instances you want to connect to what MySQL instances. If your Zarafa configs are literally the same on both systems, but your old system runs MySQL on the default port 3306 and your new on 3308 then one of them will not work, as the related parameter needs to be adjusted accordingly.

(Besides, I don't know whether ClearOS is considered supported; as far as I understand, it's based on RHEL/CentOS, but there may still be several differences)

Zarafa

Please post your server.cfg and the output of "netstat -tulpen"
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

When we realize the command netstat -tulpen we see the mysql use the port 3306, in the server.cfg file the port used was 3308, we change the port and zarafa-server start but the users not have the mails ni contacts, we review the file /var/log/zarafa/server.log and the database was created in the moment than server zarafa start. We use into file sercer.cfg the user root and password the user root for the server start. Now is possible to recuperate the mails and contacts. Thanks for help ours.