Thread: Api available?

Question Api available?

Hello all,

Quick question. I'm currently looking into Zarafa for software i'm working on for my work. The software involves creating customer appointments for certain activities. In this activity certain employees can be selected to be present at the scheduled appointment. Some clients of ours use zarafa as there mail system and we want to support linking to zarafa within our products.

I did a bit of research but could not really find the info that i needed.

Could someone please help me with answering the following questions?

Kind regards,

Walter

Hi,

I think all of the features above (1-3) should be doable (basically anything which works in WebApp should be rather straight forward to port). Your basic API will be MAPI and there are several wrappers available (php-mapi and python-mapi/python-zarafa as shipped with and used by Zarafa). I don't know how simple the freebusy analysis would be, but there must certainly be API functions for that.

Appointment requests (although not booking) could probably even be done email-based without touching MAPI at all.

So, in a more structed way:

1) MAPI
    2) I think so, keyword would be "freebusy" or a look into the relevant WebApp-code
    3) Yep, see WebApp
    4) Any Zarafa version which supports these features in WebApp should also be able to perform these programmatically from other API clients.
    5) I think you should concentrate on the Zarafa core.

Another option may be the ical gateway, but you would have to check if everything needed is supported.

Kind regards,

Christian

Thnx @choffmann for the answers.

i'll look and see if i can get something to work then through the use of MAPI.

Thnx again!

Kind Regards,

Walter