Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7.2.1 RC2 is available for download

Zarafa Testing

7.2.1 RC2 is available for download

Hi,
    Today we make ZCP 7.2.1 RC2 available. This release only contains a few bug fixes compared to RC1. To view the whole changelog, .
    There are some installation notes to take into account when upgrading;

Upgrading from 7.1 to this release
    If you upgrade your system from 7.1 to this release, you may notice that the zarafa-admin utility may not function accordingly, this is due to a bug in bash, opening a new terminal resolves this issue.

Debian - changes in location of ZCP utilities

Since RC1 we have changed the location of our ZCP utilities. Due to this change, administrators on Debian based systems are required to execute the following command to upgrade their system:
    RHEL-based upgrade
    Due to an error in 7.2.0 final on RHEL based systems, administrators will experience issues when upgrading from the 7.2.0 final. One might notice the following line when upgrading from the 7.2.0 final:
    This error will appear for multiple ZCP components.
    The administrator need to execute the following command to remove the zarafa-server from his system (please make sure to back up your config files).

Please repeat this step for the ZCP components that cannot be removed from the system.

Zarafa-search process permissions
    We have received a lot of feedback from users who currently want to run the zarafa-search daemon under a non-root user. To make this change would require a rather invasive change from ZCP side, which we do not tend to make while we are in our stabilization phase. We expect to solve this with the first release of ZCP 7.2.2.

Where can I download the new RC2 of 7.2.1?
    If you are an existing customer then you can head over to our portal for the binary packages, please note that an account is required access the binaries.

The community page will also be updated with the open source versions, both binary packages and source code. In the future, our tested binaries will be a commercial service to our paying customers who have an active subscription. If you want to know more about the background of our decision, please read the following announcement we have posted recently.

We are happy to receive your feedback
    Of course we are looking forward to receiving your feedback! So if you have any thoughts or experiences you want to share with his, please post then in this forum thread.

Cheers,
    -Suyi
    Looking for users to test our releases, interested? send me a PM

This build causes PHP to segfault intermittently on our server (Debian Jessie x86_64). We were using Zarafa 7.2.1 beta1 previously for several weeks without segfaults, so I'm fairly sure it's down to changes in either RC1 or RC2. There doesn't seem to be anything relevant in the logs, otherwise I would post them. As this brings down all the PHP-using sites on the same server it's a fairly serious problem. When it starts segfaulting we're currently working round it by disabling the mapi.so extension, restarting Apache, re-enabling mapi.so and restarting Apache2 but this isn't exactly ideal. We're using pre-compiled Zarafa partner packages and stock Debian packages.

Unless this is a known issue or the changes in php-mapi were only minimal, Zarafa will probably need a core dump and all relevant error messages you may get.
    If you are using Apache/mod_php, this tutorial may help: (most important elements: -dbg packages, CoredumpDirectory and ulimit -c unlimited).
    I would probably not suggest uploading the core dump here, as it could possibly contain SSL private keys or other sensitive stuff. Instead, try generating a backtrace using gdb and post it here and wait for Zarafa staff to contact you if necessary.

Zarafa Testing
    Hi,
    thanks for your feedback, but till now I have not receive such a report or something similar like it.
    Would it be possible to add a bit more information, like what Choffmann already suggested. If you feel uncomfortable with posting core dumps, you can also send it through support, they can forward it to me.

Thanks,
    -Suyi

Okay, I'll try to get some core dumps to you. At the moment I'm juggling far too much work so it's going to be hard to find time though, I was hoping that this was a known issue that will be fixed with the next release.

Hello,

after installing RC2 with WebApp 2.1.0 RC1 and resolving some small issues (for example mentioned zarafa-search problem) I have found, that I am unable to reply to most of my emails via WebApp. Also writing new one causes sometimes troubles. It looks like that problem is in message size, composing mail over ~7kB triggers message box, which says:

"Some problem encountered when encoding/decoding JSON data."

Also Android stock mail application (activesync) is unable to send an email and z-push log contains:

24/09/2015 00:40:20 [12171] [INFO] [user] Version='2.2.3' method='POST' from='xxx' cmd='SmartReply' getUser='xxx' devId='xxx' devType='SonyC'
    24/09/2015 00:40:20 [12171] [WARN] [user] HTTPReturnCodeException: WBXMLDecoder->getOpaque() connection unavailable while trying to read 854 bytes from stream. Aborting after 0 bytes read. - code: 500
    24/09/2015 00:40:20 [12171] [INFO] [user] User-agent: 'SonyC6603/5.1.1-EAS-2.0'

No other usefull information in zarafa nor apache2 logs.

Host system is Debian Jessie x86_64, recently upgraded from Wheezy. After OS upgrade, Zarafa was updated from supported RC1 to opensource RC2 and then to supported RC2 as I tried to remedy the situation. I am little bit unsure, if problem did not come with OS upgrade, because I tried only some small round-trip mail, which works with current version as well.

Any help would be appreciated

I still haven't had time to try and get a core dump but I have noticed another smaller problem. Since upgrading, when replying to an HTML email in plain text via WebApp, a load of HTML gets left behind. Sample snippets look like '<br class="" />' or '<br class="Apple-interchange-newline" />'. This is still with Zarafa 7.2.1 RC2 on top of stock Debian Jessie, and WebApp 2.1.0.51666. The same issue does not occur in WebAccess.

RC2 has been released a month ago, after a long RC1. Any indication on a final release date?

7.2.0 is really really buggy (UTF8 from OSX Mail for instance) so a patch for this one problem or a 7.2.1 release is a must-have. I cannot understand why this is not moving forward when, in the same time, you do release other tools. The core is more important to me than web-meetings I can't use because of my company firewalls configuration!
    Zarafa 7.2.4 - Ubuntu 14.04 - Z-Push 2.2.1

Hi everyone.

I absolutely agree. Knowing that Zarafa is not focusing on Outlook / new features is one thing. Not creating bug fixes, makes a program useless, which is not an option when talking about paid groupware.

Cheers, Fritz
    Last edited by hzr345; 20-10-2015 at 09:32 PM.

Zarafa Testing
    Hi,

Yes we understand the need for this final, therefore I would like to give a bit of details what the current status is.

So far the feedback for 7.2.1 RC is rather okay, what I mean with this, is that there is no real urgent/blockers to my knowledge.
    In order for us to push out the final, we need to get an upgradeable client. Currently, when a 7.1 profile offline profile is upgraded to 7.2, the offline data get messed up which means that users need to create a new profile.

For large environments is this a big no-no, which we absolutely understand. Currently we already manage to find a way to make the 7.1 offline profile compatible with 7.2.

So your next question might be, so what is the hold-up?
    Well during our test cases, we discover that in one case the upgrade process failed. After some debugging, we reach out to Advance Installer (software we use to package our .msi files) and they confirm that this is an issue at their side.
    We have openend a ticket and we are working closely together to get this issue solved.

Hopefully this gives you all a bit more insight.

Cheers,
    -Suyi
    PS: if you are interested in helping us test the new client, please send me a PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast