Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrade to 7.1.3 gone seriously wrong and looking for advice

I just had a chance to do another upgrade from yaffas-1.3.x to 1.5.x on CentOS6 and I was not able to reproduce this problem. Most Zarafa configs are unchanged. server.cfg had been touched, but still contains all relevant data (yaffas SSL paths, ldap user plugin, etc.). Could it be possible that one of the packages (probably yaffas-zarafa) had been uninstalled for a short time for some reason? This could cause such issues.

And btw, I did not see the the SSLv2 problem either. I wonder where it came from.

Christian,

I have had a level of success, but one step forwards two steps back. I shutdown zarafa and restored the three configuration files and was able to see that 2 of the 3 users were back and the previously orphaned stores for those were allocated back to them. However, the third user store was empty and no orphaned store. I then decided to shutdown again and this time included mysqld and restored the zarafa database. When I started this up I now have three users with no stores and no orphaned stores.

---------- Post added ----------

Please disregard last message; when I copied the zarafa database back it ended up with root.root ownership instead of MySQL.mysql. Now this corrected it all appears to be working, although my third user had become a shared store somewhere along the line.

Christian, many many thanks for your support, very much appreciated

Glad to hear that your problem is at least partly solved.
    Regarding the shared store: Is this what zarafa-admin --details USER also says?
    IIRC, shared store status should be decided based on LDAP attributes (zarafaResourceType and others).

AFAIK, Zarafa does not write to your LDAP tree, yaffas will only change such attributes when told so (such as using the resources module), so I still wonder what happened to that system.

Maybe this LDAP attribute would be a starting point for fixing your last remaining issue.

I think I may have inadvertently switched on shared store whilst trying to recover the situation earlier. I was able to switch this off in yaffas and all is working fine for all three users.

Great to hear!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12