Thread: ZCP 7.1.13 RC1 is available

Zarafa Testing

ZCP 7.1.13 RC1 is available

Dear customers, partners,

Today we make ZCP 7.1.13 RC 1 available with six changes.

What is new?
    Compared to 7.1.12 final we have only made minimal changes in this ZCP 7.1.13 RC release. We received most feedback about users who were not able to set a user or resource to automatically accept a recurring meeting request. Also users with Apple Mail were reporting broken umlaut characters in their e-mails. Both issues are now resolved in this release.

The following issues have been fixed:
    ZCP-12956 - Auto-accept meeting request does not work after update to ZCP 7.2 and 7.1.12
    ZCP-13401 - Attachment handler closes file descriptor twice
    ZCP-13405 - Segmentation fault in ldap plugin
    ZCP-13175 - Mail from Mac OSX 10.10 sends broken umlauts
    ZCP-13374 - SIGABRT (6), out of memory or unhandled exception on RHEL 6 Zarafa 7.1.12
    ZCP-13222 - Missing /etc/zarafa/php-mapi.cfg leads to segfault in Apache

Where can I download this RC?
    If you are a customer, you can head over to our for the compiled packages.
    Meanwhile we will also update the community download page with the open source components, both compiled packages and the source. In the future, our tested binaries will be a commercial service to our commercial customers with an active subscription. If you want to know more about the background of our decision, we have posted recently.

Where can I post my feedback?
    Of course we are looking forward to receive your feedback, so if you have any, please post your thoughts, experiences or ideas in this thread.
    Cheers
    - Suyi
    Zarafa QA
    Last edited by Suyi; 19-06-2015 at 04:48 PM.
    Looking for users to test our releases, interested? send me a PM

I indeed understand that the Zarafa 7.1 series is on a stable tree now and not that actively maintained anymore, but above points are still important bug fixes, one is even an exploitable security flaw. I even don't want to repeat once more that there is still also no perfect forward secrecy (PFS) in Zarafa, thus only less strong ciphers can be used.
    I install, configure, customize, integrate and maintain Zarafa setups in different environments since 2007. If you want my full attention, please send me a private message and ask for paid support.

Zarafa Testing
    Hi Robert,

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate the time and effort you take to make our software better. Although I am a bit puzzled by your points.

a new ticket has been created ->
    thanks for reminding us.

hmm I am surprised here, for this patch we have created this ticket -> and it was merged into 7.1, can you describe the exact problem that you are currently having this patch? and maybe add steps, so that we verify the problem/fix?

a new package has been uploaded which should compile now.

Looking forward to your feedback.

-Suyi

Well, the exploit from Guido Günther just works absolutely fine with 7.1.13RC1-50405. Further on, a dumb verification using

shows absolutely no difference between the re-release of 7.1.12 and RC1 of 7.1.13. More over, even applies (and afterwards this isn't exploitable anymore). And finally the changelog of 7.1.13RC1-50405 also does not mention that or (or similar) would have been fixed. Simple conclusion based on three (four) different verification methods: The fix was not merged.

The new tarball indeed builds now. However I think it is a bad practice to just replace an already public tarball with another one. Others who downloaded the previous tarball will now no longer be able to verify the integrity of their download anymore. Instead a version bump (e.g. RC2 or adding the SVN revision to the tarball name) and keeping the original tarball as it is would have been much better.
    Last edited by rsc; 23-06-2015 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Feedback for re-released tarball
    I install, configure, customize, integrate and maintain Zarafa setups in different environments since 2007. If you want my full attention, please send me a private message and ask for paid support.

ZCP 7.1.13 RC1 works fine for us, all the crashes and other problems that we got with 7.1.12 are gone.

Usually I would not use a RC in production environments, here I can only recommend to update if 7.1.12 is already in use.

Zarafa Testing
    Robert,

sorry, was looking at the wrong branch, should be fixed with the release of 7.1.14.

a new release will be made available soon.
    -Suyi

---------- Post added ----------

Hi,
    Some customers reported that have some displaying issue with umlaut characters. See https://jira.zarafa.com/browse/ZCP-13439 to track the issue.

-Suyi

Last edited by Suyi; 25-06-2015 at 01:41 PM.

Any news on 7.1.13? Awaiting it cause of ZCP-12956.

Regards,
    Gunnar

Zarafa Testing
    Hi,
    yes, it seems that we have solved the umlaut issue, now we are testing it the build.
    PM your e-mail address if you are interested in the next release.
    -Suyi