Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A change in the availability of Zarafa MAPI client software

Zarafa Management

Lightbulb A change in the availability of Zarafa MAPI client software

Hi community,

Last week Felix already posted a blog about the important role of you, the community, in Zarafa's new business model. In the blog post we announced that we want to make a clear distinction between closed and open source software. The open source software can be downloaded from our community hub. In this follow-up post you can read what will change for the community regarding the download of the Zarafa MAPI client and zarafa-licensed.

How does this change impact downloads of the Zarafa MAPI client?
    From the first of May we will no longer post closed source software on our community website.

In essential this would mean that our Zarafa MAPI client will no longer be available nor updated on our community hub. But in return, Zarafa offers every community user the possibility to purchase a 'Zarafa for home' package for 0 EUR. Zarafa for home contains all the ZCP open source components compiled with two closed source components, which are:
    • Zarafa MAPI client for Outlook
    • zarafa-licensed; is used to validate if you can make use of Zarafa Outlook MAPI client

This is a transition offer while we are moving to a new Zarafa world in which we will strive to a complete open source stack.

Ready to order?
    Every community user can now create a Zarafa portal account and order the Zarafa for Home package. Scroll down to the second reply for instruction on how to order Zarafa for Home.

Please note: until when could you access the Zarafa Outlook MAPI client?
    • If you order today [30th April 2015], you will have access to the client + Zarafa-licensed until 1 May 2017. Just like existing commercial Zarafa customers
    • Everyone that orders Zarafa for Home on and after 1 May 2015, will receive access to the client + Zarafa licensed until 1 May 2016. Just like new commercial Zarafa customers.

We are also actively working together with several Linux distributions to have the Zarafa software included in their repositories so you can easily install and update your software. If you would like to maintain packages for your favorite Linux distribution let us know now!

If you have any question regarding this change, please leave them in the comment section below and we are happy to address them.

Cheers,
    The Zarafa Team
    Last edited by fbartels; 11-07-2016 at 07:04 AM. Reason: year typo fix

Lightbulb Order instructions Zarafa for Home

As mentioned above, Zarafa for Home is now available in our portal web shop. Here you can register as a customer and order the Zarafa for home package.

If you order today you will have (like all Zarafa customers) the option to renew for another year. This would give you access to the download and maintenance updates of the MAPI client until 1 May 2017.

To order it for free follow these steps:

1. Register on our portal here (of course you can skip this if you already have a Zarafa portal account).
    2. A username, email and country is fully enough. Please note: the portal requires you to enter a so-called ‘support email’. You can just fill in your email address. However, a support package is not included in Zarafa for Home.
    3. Activate your account by clicking on the link you will receive. Don’t forget to change your password. You can do this by clicking on your username at the top right.
    4. Go to the web shop in the top menu.
    5. Click on Zarafa for home and move through the order process. Remember that you can fill in ‘Private’ in the company field. Please fill in the other fields, too.
    6. You will receive a confirmation email including instructions and a ‘zero’ euro invoice.
    7. You’ve done all the hard work, you can now go and enjoy your ‘Zarafa for home’ subscription.

You don’t have a Zarafa server running? Go download it here!

Questions? Don’t hesitate to ask them in this topic

The Zarafa team

Less than a day's notice to order for 2 years is a very harsh.

I have tried to order it theough the web shop, and even though I fill in Private it still stops looking for a VAT number. I tried putting Private in there too and it refuses to accept it.

What do I need to do?

You need to leave that field blank. I've just stumble across the forum notification, as I was checking the portal regularly and did not find any updates there.

So I was just about to ask in the announcement thread what happened to the original plans. Guess now I know.

I have left it blank and used Private as the Company NAme. It still will not allow me to complete the 'purchase'

Zarafa

Hi liverpoolfcfan,

for me this works (Private as company and VAT left blank). Can you copy the exact error message and the stage you get this?
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

I am puzzled about some unclear dates:

Quote Originally Posted by Lennart View Post
    • If you order today [30th April 2015], you will have access to the client + Zarafa-licensed until 1 May 2017. Just like existing commercial Zarafa customers
    • Everyone that orders Zarafa for Home on and after 1 May 2017, will receive access to the client + Zarafa licensed until 1 May 2016. Just like new commercial Zarafa customers.

I registered today (4 May 2015) on Zarafa Portal and ordered Zarafa for Home, how long will I have access to the client and free Zarafa licences (for 3 users) as before?
    And what will happen afterwards? Are we getting charged?

Quote Originally Posted by fbartels View Post
    Hi liverpoolfcfan,

for me this works (Private as company and VAT left blank). Can you copy the exact error message and the stage you get this?
    Here it is... Can't see how to attach a screenshot?

Zarafa

There is an "insert image" button in the editor.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

I seem to have no rights to add attachments. The error at the top of the screen in black text on a red background is "Please, fill in a VAT number!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast