Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S/MIME public beta now available!

Zarafa Development

Thanks for the feedback, a ticket has been created on our bugtracker for this issue.

Hello!

I'm also testing the S/MIME plugin and I have one question:
    Is there a way to install a chain certificate? On other email clients I need to install this chain certificate in addition to the S/MIME certificate to get it work properly.
    The S/MIME plugin allows me to install only one certificate. In this case It is possible to sign emails, but the receiver sees it as untrusted.

Thanks!

Hi Gerd,

You can install this with:

Deb
    Copy the .crt to /usr/local/share/ca-certificates folder: cp yourca.crt /usr/local/share/ca-certificates
    update: update-ca-certificates -f -v

Rpm based

Install the ca-certificates package: yum install ca-certificates

Enable the dynamic CA configuration feature: update-ca-trust enable

convert your ca.crt to .pem format: mv ca.crt ca.pem

Add it as a new file to etc/pki/tls/certs/: cp ca.pem /etc/pki/tls/certs/

Use command: c_rehash

Let us know if this solves your issue.

Greetings,
    Regards,

Martyn

Thanks for your reply!
    I have a Debian system and I already did what you described (as seen in /etc/zarafa/webapp/config-smime.php). Unortunately this doesn't solve my problem.
    The only advantage is that signed mails sent to my own address are now shown as trusted in Webapp. But this mail is not recognized as trusted in Outlook.

If I send a mail from e.g. my Ipad, where both certificates (Mail and intermediate chain certificate) can be installed, this mail is shown as trusted, both Webapp (also without the chain certificate installed in the system) and Outlook.

By the way: I have a Class 2 certificate from startssl.com

Thanks!

Hi Gerd,

Can you open the message in Outlook and open the "Message Security Properties".
    Click on the signer field and view details + view certificate. I think Outlook makes a check for your issuer somehow and if it's trusted it's added in your ca store
    (run->mmc->add certificates snap-in)
    Regards,

Martyn

Hi Martyn

Yes, If I open a message sent via Webapp as you described, the certificate is shown as trusted afterwards. But a message sent from the iPad is shown immediately as trusted (I've verified this several times with a virtual Windows installation. I always revert to a clean snapshot, where te certificate is not checked before I sent the mail). So Webapp and iPad do different things.

By the way: Outlook trusts the certificate after the "view details + view certificate" procedure even when I don't install the chain certificate on my Zarafa-Server.
    Last edited by gerd; 18-06-2015 at 12:36 PM.

Hi Martyn,

unfortunately I posted this in a new thread before I have seen this one. So the following is just a copy of the original posting.

Sent and received signed e-mails including Umlaut characters (special German characters) in subject or body are corrupted in the WebApp view. The characters äöüÄÖÜ are displayed as ?, the character ß is displayed as ss. Using other e-mail clients (e.g. Thunderbird) show the Umlaut characters correctly.
    Contents of received encrypted e-mails are not displayed at all. Only the green status line of properly decryption is shown.

System configuration:
    CentOS 6.6
    ZCP 7.1.12-4941
    WebApp 2.0.2.48619
    zarafa-webapp-plugins-smime 1.0-17.1

Is there any further information I can deliver?

Greetings,
    Stefan

Hi Gerd,

Luckely your certificate will become valid after a few seconds (btw after that it shouldn't get invalid anymore..)
    It's not uncommon for WebApp, iOS and OUtlook to do different things though, but I will test your issue and perhaps we can see what's going on under the hood

---------- Post added ----------

@Stefan,

I will respond to your question at the other thread.
    Regards,

Martyn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12