Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Update Issue

still waiting for the "summer slump" at work

maybe you're right, but maybe its perfect to use docker. atm it is the only way for me to "migrate" my yaffas installation to a "pure" ZCP / LDAP one. it would be to expensive to rent another vserver. a MTA at home with an dynamic IP isn't really useful and I ain't got a dedicated server there either.

atm I am using around nine docker container on my synology nas at home (nginx, php, mariadb, fhem, ssh (yes, one only for ssh), check_mk, logitechmediaserver, owncloud-client, aptcacher). I know the docker file/folder mount isn't the "perfect" docker way, but it works great, I know where the "changing" data is, can back up it easily and it is all reboot-save. many published containers you see are working fine until you rebuild them, cause afterwards all your data is gone....but that's maybe another topic

my "migration plan" would be to get zcp running with docker, maybe even with postfix in it at the first step. but nginx, php, mariadb and ldap are perfect candidates for another container, or at least they are outside the zcp container. webapp and z-push could be pressed into an own container, wouldn't be that hard, but the third or fourth step
    sometime you have to "bend" the docker philosophies a tiny bit, otherwise it will be damn complicated...

another thing, maybe I missed the news or got it mixed up in my head: zarafa will be called kopano soon, is kopano just the corporate-part or what's doing on? the zarafa deskapp vanished and its now called kopano, but both got a "server", webapp, plugins and so on. I am really confused right now :-/
    again, I just using it all for my family and hope I still can provide them the exchange-like luxury for free...

and again: thank you for your time and detailed reply!

Zarafa

Synology.. maybe you want to team up with then, because he is also trying to build docker containers for Synology.

PS: no Kopano is a fork of all the open source code of Zarafa and will be in the future the maintained version (there will still be Zarafa updates for a bit of time though).
    Last edited by fbartels; 27-07-2016 at 11:13 AM.
    Regards Felix

How to get Kopano

Zarafa ALPHA/BETA/RC feedback in BETA forum please.
    Zarafa IRC chat: irc.freenode.com > #zarafa
    Zarafa documentation: http://documentation.zarafa.com/

No support via PM! Please contact our sales team for an offer if you want my full attention.

now you misunderstood me: I don't wanna use on my NAS at home...but maybe I can work with Tosoboso regarding the docker-container itself, since it is now really important, where the container will be started.

so it sounds like I should better use Kopano...thx

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789