Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Zarafa Outlook support discontinued?

****Off WebApp ... welcome exchange with (correctly working outlook connection) Now we can migrate from zarafa to exchange, but the migration tool from zarafa dosn't work
    Last edited by Martyn; 22-01-2015 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Language

bobh thanks your response, I look forward to seeing the final review of webapp. I did send an e-mail to with this suggestion and a few others. If it's easier I can re-send it to your e-mail address so we can discuss this? I can e-mail support regarding the webapp issue I have raised it in the forums on the webapp forums but haven't gotten a response back from the forum admins here. I can happily do so.

what mikescholes says is quite true alot of higher ups don't like change and know a brand and like sticking with it. Without outlook support it will be a hard choice to get people to stick with zarafa but I think if you can make webapp a good product for them to use then it may sway them enough to stick with it a bit longer.

---------- Post added ----------

@woskamp - Use the zarafa to pst migration on the tool that should work, then you can import pst files into exchange accounts. You'll need to use a zarafa admin account to do this.
    IT Engineer,
    ClearOS 5.2, Zarafa 7.1.x
    ClearOS 6.5, Zarafa 7.1.10-7.2.x

Trouble is webapp 2 is still in development and a migration for us takes a lot of time/planning. So when I present options now so we can make these decisions now it's MS 365 or Zarafa webapp as it appears now at RC1. We can't plan/commit on what it might be like sometime down the road. You should not announce a discontinuation of Outlook support until your "replacement" is ready so it can be evaluated. I couldn't even login to webapp 2 until I had disabled the xmpp plugin, I couldn't delete an email on the keyboard until I had enabled keyboard shortcuts, messages moved by rules don't generate any notification, and that's only 5 minutes of looking at it. You ask me to consider this as a replacement for OL?
    Last edited by mikescholes; 22-01-2015 at 01:33 PM.

@mikescholes I can definitely understand how you feel about this, we've made a decision on holding off telling our clients till september/october time to allow zarafa to work on their webapp system and hopefully by then it will be good enough or improve well enough for us to suggest options for clients regarding this.

Although I'm wondering will zarafa still continue with ZWS now that your not supporting outlook?
    IT Engineer,

Zarafa as Company will be dead without outlook support

Hi,

i know, all of our customers with zarafa licenses, which are currently over 800, are using Outlook
    and want to stay on Outlook. That's why they bought the licences. So they all will switch to another
    solution and Zarafa as Company will not earn any money from them anymore.
    If you DON'T want to have business customers anymore, which will bring you money, you're going
    in the right direction, if not please review this decision.

I think Zarafa is a great Exchange alternative with Outlook-Support as the killer feature. If you remove
    this support now, why should business customers use Zarafa ?

We are another 200 subscription customer that opted for Zarafa because of the Outlook connector and will switch to something else now...

Jan 2014 I battled to get the company to use Zarafa and move from MS Exchange with all the migration hassle/costs that went with it, this Jan we upgraded to the pro version of Zarafa and 110 users. Now at the start of 2016 we will have to migrate back to MS Exchange and I end up looking like a right idiot for recommending Zarafa in the first place. Zarafa, by removing Outlook you haven't helped my career at all.

And the resellers are going to loose out big time. At least keep OL support until you have webapp so good users chose to use it and chose to pay for it, I feel forcing people to change is a really bad thing, something MS do but they are big enough and arrogant enough to get away with it.
    Last edited by mikescholes; 22-01-2015 at 05:13 PM.

[QUOTE=chomes;48663] we've made a decision on holding off telling our clients till september/october time to allow zarafa to work on their webapp system and hopefully by then it will be good enough or improve well enough for us to suggest options for clients regarding this.

What for an option, not telling the clients that zarafa is dropping the Outlook Support in Q1 2016. So some clients maybe make an new subscribtion for 3 Years ;-) and wondering the Outlook Support is droped then. If i where such a customer of you i would never ever buy something in the future at your Company!

If Users want Outlook because of existing integration plugins with other software like DMS, CTI and so on...(all over Mapi) Webapp is never an option. Why take the Money to make integrations here when Outlook is working Out of the Box with most other software vendors.
    Debian Wheezy VM
    190 Users

@pi666
    Subscriptions are on a one year basis, we'd never get anyone to commit for 3 years even if they were from hearing this news. Most of our clients subscriptions end in october/november hence why we will be talking to them around that time. I want to give Zarafa the benifit of the doubt and the only way to do that is by giving them time to see what webapp can do.
    IT Engineer,

@chomes
    Ok, then this is the right way.

But i think, dropping outlook support and move the userbase to Webapp would not work for Zarafa "IMHO"
    The most people have subscriptions because of the Outlook support - not because of the Webapp which is light years away from daily usable.
    btw fancy things like webmeetings don't change that.
    We could say many bad about M$ but nearly all other Bussiness software vendors integrate like a charm with their software
    Debian Wheezy VM
    190 Users

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast