Thread: Feature request: Unique URL for each email, for direct access via WebApp

Feature request: Unique URL for each email, for direct access via WebApp

Hi!

I want to use Zarafa with Elasticsearch on ClearOS, in the context of Tiki Suite.

Tiki Suite is a selection of Free / Libre / Open Source Software (FLOSS) server, web, mobile and desktop apps with a concerted focus on greater interoperability, security and adaptability, which is aimed at small & medium-sized organizations. The Tiki Suite is especially suited to decentralized and knowledge-centric organizations and offers most (80%+) of the features all organizations need, such as: Email, Website & Blog, Shopping Cart, Intranet & Project Management, E-learning, Social Networking, Knowledge base, File sharing, Issue Tracker, Video-conferencing, LDAP, VPN, Gateway, Network, etc.

The main server apps are: ClearOS (server), Tiki Wiki CMS Groupware, Zarafa (Mail), Prosody (XMPP) and Syncthing (file sync).

Tiki is the and the content is searchable via Elasticsearch. It's all filtered by permission, and permits goodies like More Like This, Facets, Percolator (Stored searches), and more is on the way:

This is all nice and well. However I would like to add emails, XMPP logs, and the files from the shared/sync folders. So looking at any item (e-mails, wiki pages, files, tasks, bugs, forum posts, blog posts, XMPP chat logs, etc.) can show me related entries.

"Introduced with Tiki14, the federated search allows to integrate results from other sources into the main search results."

So I'd like to include emails (and contacts and events) in these search results, with proper permissions. Here are two ways I can get Zarafa mails indexed by ClearOS:

Can Zarafa provide such functionality? Is there a way to have a unique URL for each email? Ex.:
    http://example.org/webapp/$(FOLDERNAME)?id=$(MESSAGEID)

Thanks!

+1 public API for the webapp

any plans for implement this?