Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: [Z-Push] Outlook 2013 / Dovecot

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5

    [Z-Push] Outlook 2013 / Dovecot

    Hi,

    I'm using Z-push with dovecot as IMAP Backend. It works like a charm with my Mobile phone (Nexus 5/Android).

    I'm now trying to use Z-PUSH with Outlook 2013 BUT first it was impossible to add the account. I figured out way of doing it.

    But i have no mail :-(

    Does anyone know how to do?
    How to use Outlook 2013 with z-push ?

    I use Dovecot + Postfix with Z-PUSH (All work perfectly on IMAP and with Zpush with my mobile phone)

    Thanks,
    Nicolas

  2. #2
    Member fmbiete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    49
    Hi Nico30,

    Some users have reported that Outlook 2013 works with the version available in my repo. At the moment, I know that autodiscovery doesn't work with Outlook 2013 but emails, calendar, contacts should be fine.
    So if you want to try it go ahead and tell us about it.

    Regards,

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5
    IT WORKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    With the version in you repo it works :-)

    I just add this modification :
    File : /z-push/lib/core/zpush.php

    It was :
    Remplaced by
    With this modification, I don't need to kill Outlook when I add the ActiveSync Z-Push made server.


    Thanks A LOT.

    Do you think that Z-PUSH can be used in enterprise environment? (Less than 20 persons but with a good reliability)
    Last edited by Nico30; 06-09-2014 at 11:28 PM.

  4. #4
    Member fmbiete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    49
    Hi Nico,

    Thanks for letting us know. I will look into the versions issue.

    I don't think you will find any problem, I only fixed some minor problems in Z-Push base code to make it compatible with Outlook, but if you do let us know and we will help you

    Regards,

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5
    I found a problem.

    In a specific case
    When someone send an email with a Subject like that :
    Which I found weird because all the mail is in UTF8 expect the Subject and FROM.

    It appears like that on Outlook (with Z-PUSH) :
    Like that on Android (with Z-PUSH) :
    All the special char of FROM and SUBJECT don’t appear correctly.

    And yet, if I use IMAP, the special char of the text appears perfectly. (On my webmail with IMAP, or outlook 2013 with IMAP, Or Android with IMAP)

    Header of Outlook WITH IMAP :
    With this header, the text appears perfectly.

    With Z-PUSH the header is :
    It seems that Z-PUSH removes the “=?ISO-8859-1?”.

    Do you have an idea that can fix that?
    (Sorry for my bad english :-( )

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    186
    I have already contributed a fix for this Crash Outlook to setup issue months ago - but it is stuck in limbo with all of our other fixes ... :-(

    If the device supports AS 2.5 or newer, then don't tell it about the versions earlier than 2.5


  7. #7
    Member fmbiete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    49
    Hi,

    @liverpoolfcfan : True, I was searching for your fix, thanks for linking it!! I will apply it in my repo, since we are waiting another year for the contributions to be reviewed/merged. It's a bit depressing...

    @nico : Please, can you open a github issue with the problem? I will need a copy of the raw message (and .eml from the imap server should be fine). It's seems as mime_decode is not doing the right job, again...

    Regards,

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    5
    Done :

  9. #9
    Member fmbiete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    49
    I have tested your fix, but I couldn't setup the account, because in the initial OPTIONS Request::GetProtocolVersion() is empty (""). For me to work, I had to remove the conditional and always returns this:
    So maybe, it would be better to remove support for AS versions 1.0, 2.0, 2.1

Similar Threads

  1. Outlook 2013 / Z-Push
    By Mempity in forum Z-Push when using Kopano/Zarafa
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 22-01-2016, 04:43 PM
  2. Z-push & Outlook 2013 problem embedded images
    By javier in forum Z-Push when using other backends
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30-04-2015, 02:18 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 26-08-2013, 10:11 AM
  4. Outlook 2013 update 09-07-2013 (KB2817468)
    By Dominique in forum Outlook client
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 17-07-2013, 06:05 PM
  5. z-push + zarafa + dovecot
    By vertex in forum Installation and Configuration Archives
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 07:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •