Thread: Rename "Inbox - FirstName LastName"

Rename "Inbox - FirstName LastName"

Hi,

Is it possible to modify the name of the mailbox (the name of the root folder in WebApp and Outlook) to eg. the e-mail address instead of "Inbox - FirstName LastName"?
    Yours faithfully,
    chrtho

Hello. That's also something I would like to add to a "nice-to-have" list: the possibility to rename the folders including the Inbox. Or is there a way to change the folder name at least within the SQL database until there is a built-in function?

Zarafa Testing
    Hi,
    current we only support the following options in the server.cg:
    # Display format of store name
    # Allowed variables:
    # %u Username
    # %f Fullname
    # %c Companyname
    # default: %f
    storename_format = %f

we never recommend users to edit the data itself in the database and what side effects it can give.
    before I create a ticket for this request, are there any other "attribute" you guys want to have besides e-mail?

cheers,
    Suyi
    Looking for users to test our releases, interested? send me a PM

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

It would also be nice to be able to change the text before the name/username/companyname, in this case "Inbox".
    Yours faithfully,
    chrtho

Seconded!
    Just today, a customer asked me to change "Inbox" to something else "because it creates confusion" (since there's another item called "Inbox" contained in it).

Oops, my thread subscription didn't work, it seems... sorry for the late reply, Suyi.

I think we should differenciate between those two things, just to write about the same things:
    1) Zarafa giving a specific name to the "big box" - (called "Inbox - Aurelio Caliaro" in my case)
    2) Zarafa giving a specific name to the Inbox where the mails are stored (called "Postvak In" in my case because it set my default language to Dutch)

In another dimension, one is having Zarafa giving a "default name" and the rules for it - that is what you are writing about.
    Another thing - and I think this is even more important - the possibility to change the folder name once it has already been created. Whatever you are doing as a default name, if the user doesn't like it he should be able to change it.

In short, I think it would be great being able to change the name of the folder in the property window.